Thread: Taylor solid body electrics!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor solid body electrics!!!

Oh my ,these look interesting!! ude: Any other opinions?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navig...+306241+201699

Taylor dosent even have these online yet they are building a specific website for the launch.(first quarter 08)

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting and quite expensive.
    I'm sure thy are high quality instruments, but not very thrilled with their marketing of the fresh body design either. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of Les Pauls, and I love it just for the opposite reason - because it's a classic design. Just my opinion, I'm sure many palyers will be more than happy with to own these guitars.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that last week I tried out the Custom electric. Man is it nice! Totally well finished machine. Great tone, feel and craftsmanship. The price in the store was around $3400 which is totally nuts if you ask me. The price at Sweetwater is $2300 right now which is more in line but still pricey.

Overall it's a very well done guitar and it feels and sounds good. If you are a One acoustic one electric sort of player then I don't see any problems sticking with just the Taylor brand. This electric is one you most likely would keep all your days. It exudes class.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of tones does it excell at Spud?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    What kind of tones does it excell at Spud?
    It excels at tone.

The pickups are smaller than regular humbuckers and the sound is crisp and full. No lack of fullness on the low strings and a nice clarity on the high strings. Very well balanced and humbucking but not dark at all. The tone controls had a wide range of effect and it was a sheer pleasure to play. Very well made and light.

Post Thanks / Like

Myl ocal dealer has all electric Talyor models and recently when I called him to ask for a spare part he told me that the Taylor guitars are great! I am really curious about the guitars and look forward to checking them in the near future.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    It excels at tone.

The pickups are smaller than regular humbuckers and the sound is crisp and full. No lack of fullness on the low strings and a nice clarity on the high strings. Very well balanced and humbucking but not dark at all. The tone controls had a wide range of effect and it was a sheer pleasure to play. Very well made and light.
    I love it when new guitar designs work. Too bad it's way out of my price range.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I love it when new guitar designs work. Too bad it's way out of my price range.
    Well put.
    However, I feel they hold more interest for me than any PRS that I've played. Same price range but such a cool different feel. They kind of feel like what I imagine Lindsey Buckingham's guitar is like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    It excels at tone.

Sounds like mini-humbuckers to me?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Sounds like mini-humbuckers to me?
    I think that is right. They are smallish in size and have a solid cover so I couldn't see what was under it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweetwater has the new colors and woods ..oh my my my!!! :

I personally love the cheaper classic in natural swamp ash:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel