Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How about a thread showing a picture of yourself? - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a thread showing a picture of yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

Maybe you are ugly but still you could have a Hollywood career...maybe. Close enough?

I could try for his stand in or stunt double from a loooong distance away!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Nice shirt!!!
    Well, you did request a pic of the shirt, but you got more than you bargained for!

I used to have veins that would give yours a run for their money. Now, I'm a little warmer in winter!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Fugly? You look fine to me.

And wot Robert said about the shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Fugly? You look fine to me.
    Srsly. I hope that fugly/ugly talk was all sarcasm, otherwise I've got some rethinking to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Srsly. I hope that fugly/ugly talk was all sarcasm, otherwise I've got some rethinking to do.
    Ah, that's just me adjusting to my aging process. Lap 47 around the Sun is a few weeks away, and I'm finally starting to feel and look my age. You can cheat it for only so long! If I can get my arse back in shape a little, I'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    You can cheat it for only so long! If I can get my arse back in shape a little, I'll be fine.
    Mileage son. You need more miles. That's the fountain of youth.

Still, you look better than 90% of the 47 year olds I've seen lately. Much better - and thinner.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Ah, that's just me adjusting to my aging process. Lap 47 around the Sun is a few weeks away, and I'm finally starting to feel and look my age. You can cheat it for only so long! If I can get my arse back in shape a little, I'll be fine.
    Yeah, Doug, I hear ya on that one. I just turned 45 a couple months ago, and the vintage years are beginning. I think my Portrait of Dorian Grey years are coming to an end. That said, I agree that you don't look 47.

Good to finally put a face to the name!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in there with you guys. Turned 47 last year, and 48 is around the corner. Still, re-dedicating to good training, and getting out on the bike using 40 something standards and not 20 something standards has been good. Tig, you would fit right in with my bike group. Wish you (or anyone else that wanted to) could swing by and join us on a ride. BTW, Tig for tig welded, or for your bouncy qualities and springy tail?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am in there with you guys. Turned 47 last year, and 48 is around the corner. Still, re-dedicating to good training, and getting out on the bike using 40 something standards and not 20 something standards has been good. Tig, you would fit right in with my bike group. Wish you (or anyone else that wanted to) could swing by and join us on a ride. BTW, Tig for tig welded, or for your bouncy qualities and springy tail?
    I could definitely benefit from getting back on my bike. I haven't even aired up the tires in almost a year. Of course, I don't do much road riding. It's mostly off-road for me. Or was.

I should at least get some rollers, and workout in the garage until I'm in good enough shape to not embarrass myself in public.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nah, just ride. Who cares what anyone thinks. I mostly mountain bike myself too. Spud is more the roadie.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    "Tig" was a name from some chat site long ago. More the bouncy tail kind.

Some of the 40-50 somethings I ride with are scary fast! One guy is pushing 60, and he still keeps up with the 20 cat 1-2 guys. Good genetics, I guess. He was the jr champion of England and won the Milk Race back in his day.

Me, I'm a sprinter in a climber's body! A race with a short, steep hill finish was the prime hunting grounds for me. Think Paulo Bettini, but with half the ability! The last 3 years of XC racing, I raced only in the open single sport class. The 20 somethings would hand me a terrible thrashing! I'm a glutton for punishment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Yeah, Doug, I hear ya on that one. I just turned 45 a couple months ago, and the vintage years are beginning. I think my Portrait of Dorian Grey years are coming to an end. That said, I agree that you don't look 47.

Good to finally put a face to the name!
    I remember the year of turning 43. It was a sudden and unexpected drop...
    like when you leaning back in a chair and you suddenly feel it tip backwards a moment before regaining balance!

Now, I kick myself when I forget to bring reading glasses to read a restaurant menu! But, the alternative to aging isn't so pleasant, so I should HTFU and keep on keepin' on.

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!

Post Thanks / Like

For better or for worse.....
    May all your days be memorable, all your friends stay true and all your riffs be killer....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here just though i'd say hello and share a picture of my favourite guitar my Gretsch 5120!

I've just started a new guitar blog as i'm wanting to learn about repairing guitars and will be blogging my progress!

I will probably be hanging around hear asking alot of questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, dirtyroger.
    Nice Gretsch!

Be sure to tell us more about your music, influences, and gear, etc., here in The Fret Players section. I like your band, BTY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Plenty of tips & tips available here, and we're keen to learn new ones as well!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Purty guitar, Roj! I like the fro-hawk too.

Those Electromatics are great affordable instruments, I have a Special Jet from that same line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Purty guitar, Roj! I like the fro-hawk too.

Those Electromatics are great affordable instruments, I have a Special Jet from that same line.
    Brian, check out his band at http://thedirtyroger.bandcamp.com/. They have some cool, gutsy songs posted that you might get a kick out of.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is me....least my wife says it is. I remember
    a much younger person. Where did he go?

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast