Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How about a thread showing a picture of yourself? - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: How about a thread showing a picture of yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Ideally, we'd play a lot of outdoor festivals and park concerts as those pay well and would be fun.
    I don't play to make money, but I don't know if that's necessarily always true. I typically make way more money playing at bars than I do at festivals. Maybe I just need to find better festivals.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub View Post
    I don't play to make money, but I don't know if that's necessarily always true. I typically make way more money playing at bars than I do at festivals. Maybe I just need to find better festivals.
    recently got paid to perform music for the first time. Sung harmonies for a CD release event. "Crumbs off the Table". It's on CD baby I think. And there's a facebook page.

from that gig...

our fearless leader Andrea....plays an Eastman semi'hollow through an Ampeg Jet.

the two other boys in the band (7 of us, 4 women 3 men)

group shot... I'm the dude trying to find his note, on the right.

another gig last year...

in the studio...that's a whole 'nother world...

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Ideally, we'd play a lot of outdoor festivals and park concerts as those pay well and would be fun.

Yeah, we've played a bunch of outdoor gigs, but ours have tended to be freebies more than our bar gigs (we've done a Labor Day Fest downtown, a get-out-the-vote downtown, a big private outdoor post-Halloween gig out on a private property, and the church band has done a few freebies downtown with a bunch of other church bands).

Our bar gigs are one set of originals on a three or 4 band bill, so we don't really make anything that way either. Enough to make up some stickers for the next show, haha. Oh, and the place we play most often, we get a $20 or so band tab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How about a thread showing a picture of yourself?

I have played many dozens of paying gigs but only maybe 5-6 where we actually made something after gas and everything...especially after-gig beers etc :-) well those we often got on the house pretty well. But still. Recently, I've done session gigs some, maybe two dozen songs, and gotten paid 50 euros per song I sing, so I've probably made much more actual profit recording vocals for other bands than from performing on stage. It has been great in that I have been able to buy/pay for some stuff in my studio. Hell I guess I paid for the entire studio build already with those session tracks :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you, Deeaa. For me the smaller gigs pay more. The picture I posted above was from a festival with Blackberry Smoke, Willie Nelson, Lady Antebellum, and a ton of other modern country bands. We got to play the main stage to probably ~5000 people, but didn't get a dime for it. They considered exposure a form of payment. Next time, I'll expose something to them.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I very much prefer to play for some money since I drive a 4x4 truck that eats loads of gas. The "festivals" that I'm referring to are things like the Bite of Seattle food festival and other similar events which pay fairly well. Playing a large music festival as a small band probably wouldn't pay much, if anything. Unfortunately, since we play instrumental jazz and pop, the bar market isn't so good for a band like ours.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the bald guy:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Here's a pic from last year that I was unaware had been taken. It was taken by a UF photography student at a big outdoor show. I just recently discovered it on the internet:

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223