Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My 1st project build

Thread: My 1st project build

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 1st project build

Hi all here are a couple of pictures of my 1 st project build the body is a Eden Jazz neck Mitey Mite neck , GFS pickups .
    The body is finished with Danish oil 8 coats .
    I am 50/50 about putting a pickgaurd on it or not .
    What do you people think I am looking to get the look of a 62 Jazz ( same age as me )
    I am also thinking of putting a bridge / pickup covers
    If I put a pickgard what do recond Tort ,black or white

Post Thanks / Like

that is one nice lookin' jazz robby, a tortoiseshell or a three ply white would look great, but the black on the second pic looks good too!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks really nice. Good job! I would definitely go with a PG.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It does look nice!

I like the pick guard as well...
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thats sweet robert43: I like it with the pickguard in black and I would also give a layered solid white a chance too.

Very nice indeed!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

two things:

1) the pic with the pickguard is now my wallpaper

2) where did you get that neck and how much did it cost?
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    two things:

1) the pic with the pickguard is now my wallpaper

2) where did you get that neck and how much did it cost?

Pie man 25 & others
    you have made my day thanks
    the neck I got from ebay off guitar shop 7 it cost $90 + postage ( my reason I went he charges $15 to Australia where others want $50 it cost $16 but he is slow took about 6 weeks should take 1 week & wont answer emails ) on the postive about this bloke he is honest . I am thinking of buying a nother neck all maple, as I want to do the same to a P bass next year.
    Will keep you posted with pictures etc
    Last edited by robert43; November 13th, 2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Here a picture of the 1st project I did with Danish oil , Bascially the guitar was black body I stripped it & put Danish oil on it about 8 coats
    http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=IMG_0002.jpg

& put a Tort pickgaurd on /