Thread: Geddy Lee jazz bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geddy Lee jazz bass

I was in my local music store checking out geddy lee's signaure fender bass,
    not a single bad thin about it, other that the neck finish. I absolutely love this thing, of course, however, I just had to look at the price tag, $999.99,
    killer bass, but not exactly light on this rush fans budget. that is why I say we start a petition and hand it to both Geddy and FMIC proposing a new squier signature geddy lee jazz bass be produced to those of us on a budget, I mean, all those thirteen year- old girls can buy a mike dirnt P bass, deryck whibley tele, avril lavigne tele, or a pete wentz P-bass, why not give us rush fans a break on our wallet? who else agrees with me?!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds great! I would love to add a base some day, and a good squire, esp. one Geddy Lee would allow his name to be associated with would be great! Probably won't happen, but good idea! I'm with you.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Pie......this is as close as I could get.....

http://www.music123.com/Fender-Geddy...49716.Music123

so try this instead

http://www.music123.com/Squier--174-...66457.Music123

BUT....the most versatile and tonal bass I have played in quite some time was this...

http://www.music123.com/Fender-Jagua...47460.Music123
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

I cheated dude and just got a black Squier Jazz Bass with a rosewood neck. I don't care whether it's a Geddy Lee bass with maple neck and square inlays or not dude! I wanna rock some freakin' Rush eh!

The Squier is actually pretty cool for being cheap. Feels good...looks exactly like a Jazz Bass and I get some dang cool Geddy sounds from it. While I am a guitar player I absolutely love playing Rush songs on bass! Geddy was a guitar player first before he switched to bass full timel Pie remember that.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Does it really need to say "Geddy Lee" on it to be a good Jazz Bass? I tend to shy away from signature models for this very reason, with the possible exception of the JV Strat, which I don't own, but is still a decent value.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Geddy Bass,

The neck on the Geddy is too thin!
    You can't even use medium roundwounds on that bass because they bow the neck so much, you have to give a full turn or more on the trussrod!
    I had one in the past when I didn't know any better and I put flats on it, you should have seen the tension it put on that neck!
    Advice, go with super lights 40-95's on that bass. The neck is ridiculously thin.
    As for signatures the only ones I like are, the Marcus Miller Jazz V , and the Jaco Pastorius model.
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!