Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My ES-135

Thread: My ES-135

Post Thanks / Like

Default My ES-135

Finally got around to taking a pic of my Gibson ES-135. I LOVE this guitar.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

It's a real thing! (Even better than a real thing).
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Yum! That cutaway reminds me of the guitar the Nuge used to play back in the day.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is a sweet looking guitar and I don't even need to ask how it sounds.

That is a pic to come back to
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very, Very Nice!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

yes very sweet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

What I love most about this instrument is this; as much as I love using pedals and the built-in effects on my amp, there are sometimes I am not in the mood for altering the tone in any way, and there is a very very sweet natural tone to this guitar, particularly when paired with a Vox amp. I like to play jazz, and it has a great jazz tone without any effects whatsoever. I love my strat, and have said many times that I intend to buy a Tele at some point, but this will always be my primary electric guitar. I've been in love with it since the day I got it [it was a college graduation gift from my parents, so this December I will have it had for 5 years] , and the novelty hasn't worn off yet.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

That ES-135 just looks like something that belongs in the hands of someone who loves to play. By the way, what kind of strings do you have on it for jazz?

I don't have a real Gibson (or some people may say what I have IS the real Gibson), but I have a Heritage H535. A few months ago I put flatwounds on it to get closer to that jazz sound, now if I can only play better I'll be set.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet looking guitars

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    That ES-135 just looks like something that belongs in the hands of someone who loves to play. By the way, what kind of strings do you have on it for jazz?
    I use ribbon-wound strings which are very similar in sound to flat-wounds. I like to use a good bit of sliding in my playing [just with my fingers, not so much with a slide], and I find the ribbon-wounds make that a bit easier.

Your guitar looks sweet Aeolian, whatever brand it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a Heritage. Gibson moved their factory from Kalamazoo to Nashville (?) some years ago, Heritage was started by the old Gibson employees who did not want to move. They took over the original Gibson factory in Kalamazoo and also obtained rights from Gibson to make essentially the same guitars that Gibson used to make, like Les Pauls and 335, except they have their own names under the Heritage brand. The Heritage headstock is different than Gibson too. The following picture shows the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Yum! That cutaway reminds me of the guitar the Nuge used to play back in the day.
    Remember those Byrdlanders Krash!? Uncle Theo had such a way with them with that crazy semi-hollow feedback action going on!

Guys, I should view these kinds of posts from home often because I finally got to see how gorgeous your guitars are RG and Aeo. I don't often get to post replies about threads because most member photos are blocked from view on my "other" computer. Both of these guitars are droolers guys.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

What a pair R_of_G and aeolian: Very nice indeed:

M29

Post Thanks / Like

While we're on the topic of Heritage guitars...

This is my Eagle Natural. It's all solid carved mahogany with an ebony fingerboard. It was custom ordered with black hardware, no fretboard binding, dot inlays, and a frequensator tailpiece.

Pic 1
    Pic 2

This is my Heritage 535. It is stock but was custom ordered in transparent black.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Hub, those are both beautiful guitars, and I bet they sound great as well.

Also, +1 for the cute kitty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice!!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!! Enjoy!!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie