Thread: Feast or Famine......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feast or Famine......

Some other fretters have probably gone through this as well when dealing with their bands.....

Has any other of you that plays out often, noticed that its "Feast of Famine" with the gigs......we were lined up for ONE gig @ the 1st week of this month...now we have 4 within one week before thanksgiving.

WHAT GIVES?

Josh
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not in a band...but work for myself...it's like all my clients get together and decide to hold all their projects until the same week...so i am either slammed or twiddling my thumbs....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's some kind of an inaudible signal that only some in the masses can hear...sort of like a subliminal dog whistle. When it goes off at a particular frequency, everyone rushes to the grocery store, or to the checkout lines at Walmart when another frequency is cued. At this time of year when the signal goes off at the right frequency, everone plans their holiday parties for the same weekend nights. Of course, present company excepted, we're always the one's who just seem to find ourselves in the middle of the whole thing and don't know why....

Freud must have covered this at some time or another...