Thread: VOX Valvetronix

Post Thanks / Like

Default VOX Valvetronix

Hi Folks,
    This may have been done before but I would like to know If any of you have had gigging experience with the above amp (AD50VT to be exact). If so, did you find it suitable \ reliable? If it broke down would you buy another?

Cheers
    Ger

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes, and maybe (there are a lot of amps out there that are interesting).

It works great for me and no problems to report, other than good tone.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yes, yes, and maybe (there are a lot of amps out there that are interesting).

It works great for me and no problems to report, other than good tone.
    I couldn't agree more although I've not gigged with mine. I have the 2 x 12 version, and I have to say that I really like the tones of the AD50VT. It takes pedals well too which is a plus, especially for a modeling amp.

Although I've seen where people have had reliability problems with theirs, I never had any with any of the Valvetronix amps I owned.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.