Thread: squier value= going up

Post Thanks / Like

Default squier value= going up

is it just me, or has squier REALLY improved over the past few years?
    I remember a year and a half ago when I wanted a good replacement for my tele copy, and all the squiers I played I just couldn't stand, but bringing my bass into the shop in october, I spent some time playing a few squiers, and the affinity tele I just found hard to put down! the neck pickup was just a little muddy, but nothing you couldn't adjust, and the look of the butterscotch blonde was just AMAZING, I found that the vintage modified P-bass was great too, the feel was great, the strings were brand new and needed some breaking in before the tone could be really heard, and the body was too light and neck heavy, but otherwise great, has anybody else noticed this?
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

That Tele you played is really the gem in the Affinity series. Every one that I have played has been a keeper. They all sound and play good. They are pretty toneful for a light guitar, but that's a good thing because they won't make your shoulder sore playing all night.

Another good affinity is the sunburst Strat. They have to use good alder on those because of the see through finish - same for that Tele.

One thing to remember is that even though they have improved considerably you still will find dogs in the mix. Yet for the most part they are getting their stuff together on the entry level market.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

pes_laul Guest

I know the newer affinity series I really enjoy to play> I know the ones from 86' and up were pretty decent. Pie how much did it go for?

Post Thanks / Like

/\ about $175
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

By what all of the music shops in my area they say its a real hit & miss with Squirer they remmond buy the guitar you have tried because the 1 in the box can be very diffrent .
    A freind of mine said the same thing he went to buy a strat for his brither tried 1 liked it go a new 1 in the box & said it was not good at all , in the end he ended up getting the demo 1 a lot better in quality.

Post Thanks / Like

The new modified series models are almost as much as a standard Strat, but they feel of might higher quality. The neck on a $299 Squier I played a few months ago was as good as any I've played or owned - honestly.

Great stuff!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix