Thread: John Scofield on NPR

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Scofield on NPR

One of the greatest jazz players ever, John Scofield did a spotlight interview and appearance on NPR's Weekend Edition.
    Check out the link:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16355507
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962

Post Thanks / Like

I heard this today too. It was great to get some good interview material from Scofield. The new album is drawing my attention. Might have to get it soon.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said back in October, the album is excellent, and well worth the purchase whether you are already familiar with Sco or not.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ht=scofield%5C

Legendary jazz guitarist John Scofield has released a new album entitled "This Meets That." This album is another fine release from Sco. Great tone, great melodies, and a duet with Bill Frisell on "House of the Rising Sun." If you like Sco, this is another one to add to your collection. If you don't know Sco, check him out soon.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I heard it last night and enjoyed it. +1 on his new album!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just paid for it and I am downloading it right now from Napster!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I just paid for it and I am downloading it right now from Napster!
    I am definitely thinking you will enjoy it Robert. It's not Sco's best, but it is another REALLY good album from the man.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I love his work with Medeski Martin Wood. It's the funkiest thing since the Meters.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    I love his work with Medeski Martin Wood. It's the funkiest thing since the Meters.
    The albums he has done with MMW are indeed awesome, however, I have one question for you, and if Tot is reading this, he knows where I'm headed... have you ever heard the band Zony Mash? As you may recognize, the name comes from the name of a Meters' song/album. They were based in Seattle, and feature the same organ/guitar/bass/drums instrumentation as MMW&Sco. I say this with the utmost respect for John Medeski who I think is awesome, if you haven't heard Wayne Horvitz play the B-3, you haven't heard anything yet. The person who first played me Zony Mash did so after we had been listening to a bunch of MMW with Marc Ribot, and I've never listened to an organ the same way again. If you like the Meters, this is DEFINITELY for you.:

Post Thanks / Like

Beat me to it R o' G .

I've loved Sco' (& Jim Hall & ...) for probably 20 years, but his funky stuff with MMW is my favorite.
    I pick a moon dog.