Thread: Library Strumming Pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Library Strumming Pattern

Anyone know of some good sites that have audio/video demos of strumming patterns? Mine are getting stale.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I was just thinking about this over the weekend.

If I come across something I will let you know and I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Edit: When you say yours are getting old, what level would you grade your guitar skills? How many patterns do you use now? I'm searching for some sites, but not knowing where you are (level) it's hard to determine what you might benefit from.
    Last edited by just strum; November 20th, 2007 at 05:41 PM.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm nowhere near where I want to be, I'm probably tougher in my assessment, but I would say I'm intermediate or just a little beyond.

I probably have about 8-10 strumming patterns that I default to, though I can mimic a pattern from a recording. I'm just looking for a site(s) that has a number of sound or audio clips and maybe even notation for the patterns for some inspiration.

I'll do some additional searching myself and post some results. I look forward to hearing from you or others on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I only have like 2.....Can you guys post the ones that you already have so ole kazz can catch up a bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes! We want strumming patterns!
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I had a couple and I thought I put them in favorites, but guess what...

I checked (Google) and saw some beginner sites, but I know there are some better out there. If I recall I had to try a couple of different search wordings before I hit the right one.

So because it's you guys, I will look again, but not right now.:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any sites, but I would recommend trying strumming along to some different time signatures, 6/8, 5/8, 3/4, 5/4, etc. etc. and then see how well you can fit those patterns into 4/4. If you get what I'm saying.
    Guitars: Jackson '06 Dinky LE : Ovation Celebrity Series MOB

Amps: Crate RFX125, Marshall MG80

FX: Boss Stompboxes, Crybaby Wah