Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Behringer Pedals

Thread: Behringer Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Behringer Pedals

We've had the subject of various Behringer effects pedals come up here over the past few months, and I just thought I'd toss out a couple of personal observations:

Behringer has gone absolutely NUTS on its line of effects pedals introduced over the past few years, and continues to roll out new models at a dizzying rate. They now have what I would guess is by far the most extensive line of effects pedals available. Just check out THIS PAGE and you'll see what I mean. Quite an incredible selection. And most of 'em have a $45 MSRP and commonly sell for considerably less than that, so they are very, very affordable. Some of the newer ones aren't available here in the US yet, but should be by early 2008.

I have four of 'em now (8-band EQ, flanger, overdrive and tuner) and all of them work/sound quite well. Are they "best in class"? Well, no, of course not at this price point, but the four I have are all very respectable and the value is just incredible. They offer a great way of filling out your pedalboard inexpensively, or trying out an effect you're not sure you'll really like without much financial risk. I've liked mine well enough that I have two more on the way (the PB100 clean boost and the FX600 multi-effects pedal with six (!) built-in effects--flanger, chorus, phaser, delay, tremolo and pitch shifter).

Though most of the models come in a plastic casing, it seems to be made from a good, tough ABS resin that should take a lot of abuse. And the pedal is designed with the knobs below the level of the footswitch, so it would be pretty hard to accidentally step on and break them. The overall quality of construction seems to be very good; I haven't had a bit of trouble with any of the four I own, though I've only had the EQ pedal for more than a couple of months.

As far as where to buy, I'd strongly recommend looking at BBM Music on eBay. I've bought three of the $45 MSRP Behringer pedals there now, and the prices are great--mostly in the $20 - $25 range, and reasonable shipping fees. For an extra dollar, you can upgrade from USPS Parcel Post to Priority Mail, and if you buy multiple pedals, the shipping cost is only $2.85 each after the first one. And they ship very quickly--next business day, for the three I've bought from them.

So if you're looking for an effects pedal and want something of decent quality at a bargain price, these Behringer stompers are worth checking out.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I wonder how their fuzz pedal sounds. $23 for one? Guess who's gonna try it.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Hmm I wonder how their fuzz pedal sounds. $23 for one? Guess who's gonna try it.
    They currently have two fuzz pedals...

http://www.behringer.com/UZ400/index.cfm?lang=eng

http://www.behringer.com/SF300/index.cfm?lang=eng
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

That SF300 looks interesting with two different fuzz modes plus a boost mode.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE VT911 sure looks tempting. I have zero experience with Behringer pedals, by the way.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian30
    The VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE VT911 sure looks tempting.
    As does the Vintage Tube Monster VT999! BBM Music has 'em both, for $49 and $60, respectively:

The VT999 reminds me a lot of the Radial Tonebone Classic, albeit with a few less control options. That one goes for $200, typically....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking more closely at the VT999 Vintage Tube Monster, and it's quite an intriguing pedal. A tube-driven overdrive with separate T-M-B controls and a built-in noise gate! If it sounds anywhere near as good as the specs read, it would be an absolute steal for the $60 BBM Music is asking. I am sorely tempted....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That one does look interesting. Some of the pedals make me laugh, because the styling and concept are borrowed very heavily from other manufacturers (like the "Vintage" line and Electro-Harmonix). Others I am curious about are:

TUBE AMP MODELER TM300 - sort of a poor man's sansamp??

PHASER PH9 Classic 90° Phase Shifter

DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR DC9

I have the acoustic simulator and have mixed feelings about it. It does make an acoustic sound, but it also introduces some noise and a "muted" character. However at these prices, they are worth a try and are like throwing fuel on my flaming GAS.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    As does the Vintage Tube Monster VT999! BBM Music has 'em both, for $49 and $60, respectively:

The VT999 reminds me a lot of the Radial Tonebone Classic, albeit with a few less control options. That one goes for $200, typically....
    Sometimes next month I'll get one...
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I was looking more closely at the VT999 Vintage Tube Monster, and it's quite an intriguing pedal. A tube-driven overdrive with separate T-M-B controls and a built-in noise gate! If it sounds anywhere near as good as the specs read, it would be an absolute steal for the $60 BBM Music is asking. I am sorely tempted....
    Uhoh I missed that one. Tube driven overdrive eh? I've been also gassing for a Tonebone for some time. Hmmmmmm.....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz