Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hey, Strum! Watch out....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Strum! Watch out....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Strum! Watch out....

...or this could happen to you! So approach pedaldom cautiously!

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have the vox and will soon have the foot switch. So, let's see I only have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... Oh crap, I have a long way to go.

Edit: I've been watching ebay for a good deal on a digitech jamman. One on there now missing a power source. To anyone that has a jamman, what type of power source does it have?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Supply: 9V AC
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my little collection, minus the multi-effects.
    I'm more into a stompbox phase right now.
    I notice DVM and I have one familiar yellow pedal in common.

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, have you been happy with Behringer pedals? I just realized that you have quite a few of them.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Power Supply: 9V AC
    Be careful, though, they come in two varieties--center-negative and center positive. Most effects pedals use the former. Look for the symbol somewhere on the device:

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian30
    DVM, have you been happy with Behringer pedals? I just realized that you have quite a few of them.
    Yes, especially for what they cost. I have 6 of them now, having just received the FX600 Digital MultiFX and the PB100 Preamp Booster yesterday. They are not going to compete with $150 pedals, but, hey--you can get most of 'em for $20 - $25, they seem to handle the basics capably, and they're quiet and well built. If you're a gigging musician, you're probably going to want to pony up the extra $$ for the premium brands, but for the casual musician/home player (like me) or for somebody looking to fill out the ol' pedalboard without dropping big bucks, I think they're a godsend. :

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Be careful, though, they come in two varieties--center-negative and center positive. Most effects pedals use the former. Look for the symbol somewhere on the device:
    Thanks.

The person selling it is listing it as "Mint", but then goes on to say that it's dented in the middle and sides, plus has the missing power supply. Geez, wouldn't want to buy a car from this person.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    .... I notice DVM and I have one familiar yellow pedal in common.
    Yeah, that just happens to be my favorite! How about you?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only thing I ever need, 'cept some delay.

They don't show it on the adaptor for the Jamman, but the plug center hole that goes into the Jamman is slightly oversized. If you try and plug another type of 9v power supply (such as a one-spot, etc.) into the Jamman, the plug won't fit over the center pin in the Jamman.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Thanks.

The person selling it is listing it as "Mint", but then goes on to say that it's dented in the middle and sides, plus has the missing power supply. Geez, wouldn't want to buy a car from this person.
    I'd PASS on that one, strum.........
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

I probably will. I sent him an e-mail question the description versus the actual condition, but haven't received an answer yet.

Watching a couple of other ones. E-bay is loaded with them, I would think they could be had for dirt cheap, but they all seem to get up there when it gets close to ending bids. First problem is people start bidding while there is still 3 or 4 day left and 5 to 10 bids have already been made. Good for the seller, not good for me.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

AC (Alternating Current) doesn't have polarity, only DC (Direct Current) does.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, are you competing with Spud for ugliest avatar of the year?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

True, properly stated, these adapters convert 120V AC to 9V DC. So Robert's description of a "9V AC" power supply isn't really accurate, but I think we all knew what he meant.

To be even more accurate, most of these supplies aren't even 9V--they're actually 9.6V.

Oldguy--that's a monkfish, isn't it? Lordy, they be homely critters!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, the Jamman does require AC, not DC.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's a monkfish, and that particular one is saying "Support TheFret.Net"!!! No, I wasn't competing w/ Spuds for ugliest avatar, I'm sure he'd dig something way uglier up if we started that, he knows where all the good stuff is....

About the Jamman's power supply....
    It's a model PS0913B-120-Input:120v~60Hz 18w Output: 9v~1.3A

The "standard" Digitech power supply, like the Bad Monkey, etc., uses is....
    A model PS200R-120- Input:120v~60Hz 8w Output: 9.6v~300mA

The Jamman's power supply is also the one used on the RP-250 multi-effects pedal. I hadn't seen a power supply that was 9v, not 9.6, until I bought these two pedals. I'd also never seen one more than 200 or 300 mA before.
    Apparently these pedals need a different voltage and amperage than most. They do not run on batteries, only the power supply.
    And like I said earlier, a run of the mill power supply won't plug into the Jamman or the RP-250 due to the larger center pin in the pedal. I'd be sure to use the right one if I bought one of these pedals, due to the specs being different.
    Last edited by oldguy; November 25th, 2007 at 07:38 AM.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

the one with no power source and questionable description sold for $191.

One that appeared to actually be in excellent condition sold for $205.

Another one with 19 hours to go is at $178.

Maybe I'm cheap, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Maybe I'm cheap, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.
    Just get one and don't look back. It will be the best thing for your playing to date...maybe. It really is a good investment. You wont be sorry.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast