Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New Epiphone 1966 SG G-400

Thread: New Epiphone 1966 SG G-400

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Epiphone 1966 SG G-400

Got this this week.

Super nice guitar. Looks great with the highly varnished cherry heritage finish and big Gibson SG standard style pickguard.

Sounds unbelievable. Bottom end rumble and top end chime. I have always wanted an SG and this one is really nice. $265 at GC on the 23rd when they had that two hour sale. Was going to order in one of those 388 US Hwy One telecasters buy thought whay not get a SG now at a lower price even though the big savings would have been on the telecaster. But the SG sounds great. Better sound for what I play than the Hwy one tele's I played. Way more bottom end and heaviness of tone. Hot humbuckers.

Hope these pictures are big enough and clear enough. I'm still having problems figuring out how to post good pictures.

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.
    mbolduc@dejazzd.com
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!! Man, I love red SG's! Thanks for the GAS!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a smart buy. Congrats!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you've hit the gear motherlode, with all the good deals you're getting. Beautiful guitar and congrats!:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Great buy, and looks very very nice

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was about $350 a year ago. It initially cost $400, but M123 sent me $50 because the price dropped to $350. I think their claim is if you find it for less within 45 days they will refund the difference. When I saw they dropped their price, I called them and they put a check in the mail. You able to get yours at $265 is a nice deal.

I wanted one because a friend had one when we were very young (about 10). He had a Gibson, but the same color and that guitar stuck in my head for another 40 years. When I decided that I wanted to learn to play guitar, I ended up getting the Epi.

Enjoy your new guitar.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Test of time

The S. O. R. '66 G400 is standing up to the test of time and is sounding and playing fantastic. This is a gem of a guitar and I am proud to be able to own it. It will be a keeper, like my Epi LP standard, birdseye top, that I just finished about fifteen minutes ago putting on Seymour Duncan pickups. Jazz in the neck and JB in the bridge. Nice sound. Sustain city.

Duff
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)