Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Blues Shuffle Lesson

Thread: Blues Shuffle Lesson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blues Shuffle Lesson

Here is a blues shuffle lesson for you.
    http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_.../lesson-61.php

I have started using Guitar Pro now, and I love it! I highly recommend this program. It does notation, tabs, lyrics - you can even enter notes by clicking a virtual fretboard!

People have been asking me for a lesson on how to play a blues shuffle, so here it is. It's a basic blues shuffle in the key of E. It is a 12 bar blues progression, and chords are E, A and B. The rhythm is played on only 2 strings at a time.

In order for you to make the most of this lesson, I recommend you get the Guitar Pro lesson provided on my website, so you can refer to the tab as you view and play along with the video lesson.

Check out the video lesson and let me know what you think -
    http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_.../lesson-61.php
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I seem to remember watching a shuffle lesson on your site before (I just looked, it was the rock/blues rhythm one). This one has a little different feel (less boogie more straight blues?) and takes it a bit further for blues I think. Also, the sound on the new guitar is awesome, and that neck looks sweeeeeet! Thanks!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shuffle lesson Robert!

Oh no, it looks like I have to upgrade my copy of Guitar Pro (I have a previous version).

Does Guitar Pro also allow you to print of a file with just the notation & tab so that those without Guitar Pro can have access to these?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Tot, I don't know about printing just notation and tab, but I'll update the file later by exporting it to an older version of Guitar Pro. Someone just mentioned to me that this can be done.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks guys! Tot, I don't know about printing just notation and tab, but I'll update the file later by exporting it to an older version of Guitar Pro. Someone just mentioned to me that this can be done.
    Thanks Robert!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

If I have to give the notation to someone without Guitar Pro, I print it to pdf.

I use FreePDF XP for this. Then you can send the notation via PDF
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I updated the lesson and made into a Guitar Pro 4 file.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a very similar program that I've been using for a while called Power Tab, which has the advantage of being absolutely free. I haven't used Guitar Pro, but I assume this software's capabilities are quite similar.

My favorite download site for guitar tabs, Ultimate Guitar.com, has many popular tunes available in in both Guitar Pro and Power Tab formats. Power Tab also has their own download page. I don't know if Guitar Pro offers the same service, but I'd guess they probably do.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Power Tab until now. I find Guitar Pro a much better program. I'm not going back.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Power Tab until now. I find Guitar Pro a much better program. I'm not going back.
    How much does it go for, Robert? In what ways have you found Guitar Pro better?

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

59 bucks. About the value of a Bad Monkey?

It's more stable, has better features, easier to use, has better sound, can export and import lots of different formats, lets you enter notes by clicking a virtual fretboard (I love this), playback functions are better (I hate how PowerTab always starts from the beginning). Etc, etc.

PowerTab is not maintained at all any more, so we are not likely to ever see any improvements to it. I'd rather buy Guitar Pro which is actively maintained and updated.

This is just off the top of my head, but I can smell quality when I see it, so to speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty good! The price is right on Power Tab, but it does have its limitations, no doubt.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

looks like there is a version of Guitar Pro for the mac now....adding it to my christmas list :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Robert. I always find your lessons quite helpful.
    The liver is bad, it must be punished.

snoglobe

--------------------------
    2007 Gibson BJA LP Junior
    2007 Gibson SG Standard
    2006 Fender Classic Players Series 60's Stratocaster
    2005 Fender Highway 1 Telecaster
    Danelectro U2 RI
    Aria More or Less Paul (80's LP clone with Gibson pups and guts)
    MIJ Squier Stratocaster (early 80's with 2005 Am Stnd pups and guts)

Post Thanks / Like

I updated the lesson and made into a Guitar Pro 4 file.
    The weird thing is that I have GP 5, but apparently it's been updated since I got mine as the original GP-5 file you had caused GP to claim it needed updating to play the file.

Guitar-Chris: It's nice to see a post by you again!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Guitar-Chris: It's nice to see a post by you again!
    Oh, thanks. I still have a lot of work to do. And when i come back home, i often don't have the interest to sit in front of my computer.

But from time to time I read the new forum articles. But not always i post ine by myself.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone