Thread: Went looking for a Blonde last night...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went looking for a Blonde last night...

I went looking for a Blonde last night...

There've been a couple of posts recently about Squier Tele's, some with valid negative comments... but many positive as well.

I know it's not the top of the line guitar, but I thought it would be fine for my basement collection. I'm just looking for a bit of inexpensive variety.

I went to my local guitar shop to see if they had the Squier Affinity Tele in 'Butterscotch'. All they had was the Tele in black, but I really want to have a look at the Butterscotch.
    http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0310203550

With none in stock, the young woman at the counter offered to take my number and call me if she located one. Good customer service I thought.

In case they can't locate one, I called a large guitar shop downtown who said they had them in stock, so maybe I'll visit them next week sometime.

Another model that I like the look and configuration of is the Vintage Modified SH Tele, but it's a bit more $$$ so I'll have to give it some thought.

I'd fully expect replacing the stock P/U's, but who knows... they may be ok.

If you've seen one of these Butterscotch Affinity Tele's and have any feedback, I'd love to here it.

Thanks again...

Cheers
    Last edited by Algonquin; November 29th, 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Which stores have you checked out David ?

Post Thanks / Like

Last night I checked out Long and Mcquades (Oshawa), and today I called Steves Music downtown TO.

Do you have a lead on another shop carrying Squires at good prices?

Thanks...

David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

There is an L & M in Burlington, I can't see any price benefit there, but if I can I will pop into "The Guitar Shop" and take a looksee.

pes_laul Guest

Chances are guitar center has one, do you live anywhere near one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Chances are guitar center has one, do you live anywhere near one.
    Afraid not Pes... I'm up here in the Great White North.

Thanks for the tip though... Much appreciated!

Root Beer for you!
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

No luck David, L&M had nada, and the Burlington Guitar Shop has been closed for a while, not sure what's going on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for looking Ted.

Strange about Burlington Guitar shop closing while the Web Site is still up and running.

I think I'll make a trip downtown Monday to browse around.

David
    Gearlist:

pes_laul Guest

what about ordering it online. though you can't really take it for a test drive. the guitar shop I go to you can ask the owner (or whoever's working there to order the guitar you want than you buy it. Is that a posibility at the one you go to?

Post Thanks / Like

Good call Kris,
    David, L&M has a 30 day no questions return policy I think.