Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone a Starcraft geek?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is anyone a Starcraft geek?

Everytime I play as the Zerg I get defeated. Even if I cheat a little (as a Zerg you're expected to cheat). Are there any Starcraft nerds out there who can offer suggestions?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

been sooooo long ago..great game.... build tunnels on their lands (forgot which critter does that) out of their radar... then just pile your guys into it... those that shoot from their tails.. (forgot that critters name to) out they come and take the land.. on quick battles.. build as many liars as fast as you can and keep sending those little cheap critters to the other guy.. while holding back the tail fighters... then send a bunch of them too.. ben sooo long but what a great game... Zerg is the best for fast wins... that protos is best for large games (Those zepplens are badda**).. from what I remember..

I have two sons... both gamers... in different states.. so I been through alot of games if they are multi-player... Starcraft remains one of the best.. no doubt
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; March 10th, 2006 at 12:37 PM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Starcraft and Civilization is the only games that I play these days... I love to play as Terrans, the tanks are awesome.

Tone, try to build some lurkers. They hide under ground and can cause a lot of devastation to the enemy forces.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Dang man … what language are you guys talkin’? I am guessing video games.

My son left his PS2 here at the house while he serves 4 years in the Navy. I have only used it to watch DVDs. He has a few games, but none that I care for. Now my grandson has the “cube” game. I have tried Ring of Fire and get killed with in the first 5 minutes. But the game is growing on me. I would like to find it for the PS2 if they manufactured them. Anybody know?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think StarCraft was still played much anymore.. or Civ for that matter....Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and Athena Sword have been very addictive for myself and family members... Just about all the Shoot'em ups have been installed at one time or another... A very good game and FREE is http://www.americasarmy.com/ America's Army, another first person shooter... most shooters don't have the planning as CIV and Starcraft and Age of Empires... but wits are needed just keeping one person alive.. yourself..
    All these are PC games Tim, least the one's I play or played.. Ya'll got me thinking of this game again.. I must fight the feeling... to addictive to install it again!!!
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; March 10th, 2006 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Starcraft has a huge following in Asia. Did you know that they actually have TV shows where they show people battling out in starcraft. They even have leagues....
    Civilization III has a wonderful slow pace, you can go get coffee and not much happens
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think Rise Of Nations was the last one I got... Also Coffee pace...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Everytime I play as the Zerg I get defeated. Even if I cheat a little (as a Zerg you're expected to cheat). Are there any Starcraft nerds out there who can offer suggestions?
    Wow, talk about your "blast from the past" and in an unexpected forum to boot. When I was on deployment for Xerox, we used to have LAN parties at night in the hotel, playing Starcraft. I LOVE this game!

You have to get as close to your enemy as you can, without being detected, and then build mucho hatcheries and create infinite sums of Zerglings and I forget the other ones. I loved playing as the Zerg, and you are quite correct, Zerg ARE expected to cheat!

Thanks Tone!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we should have a fret.net starcraft server?

Post Thanks / Like

Starcraft, even I havnt played that for ages and I'm young! Lol, build loads of lurkers (assuming you have the Broodwar expansion) and zerglings and swamp the enemy. Also, if you have Broodwar, you can evolve those bat things into giant flying crabs which are devestating against building and land troops, but useless against other aircraft.

I think I'm gonna have to dig this game out again and start playing it. Btw, does anyone play Dawn of War? or its expansion Winter Assualt?

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I havent heard about it Matt, but I´m listening...

Does anyone remember the original Pirates! game? That was a really fun game.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Original Pirates and got the Updated one... actually..it's not as good as the oldie but it's pirates

Post Thanks / Like

I still think that I can sail to Rio de la hacha without a map

I love to play those old games!

Post Thanks / Like

Let the games begin!

I knew I'd find someone who knew what the heck I was talking about. Ok so far I should get as close to the enemy as I can and probably find some minerals and vespene gas so that I can build a hive cluster there. Ok. Then I also should build a whole bunch of zerglings and make them attack the closest enemys at will to break them down?

Next upgrade the hydralisks to lurkers and use those in conjuction with zerglings to decimate enemies that are close. Also it was suggested to hold back the mutalisks (flying bats) and send them in after the zerglings and lurkers have set up shop. Ok.

BUT...what kills me are the sensors. Terrans have those misile turrets, the Protoss have those Observers. The problem with those is that they'll eventually spot my lurkers that are buried and then they get blasted by Terran tanks or or found by ground troops of the Protoss and killed easily. I do notice however that if you place lurkers in a triangle they do more damage quickly.

No matter what I do I can only get about halfway through the Zerg campaign (like level 5 or 6) before it starts to get very hard and very fast. I wish there was a way to observe my enemy from afar like the way the Terran comsat stations do.

I'll try the suggestions you guys gave, this was a fun question!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

You need to get rid of a section of his turrets, that way he cannot see your hidden troops (most of the Zerg troops can be upgraded to Burrow).
    When you play as the Zerg (which I almost never do) it is very powerful to go for mass strikes with zerglings. Build groups of 8 for every turret, you can have 4-5 of these groups ready and then launch them as quickly as you can against the turrets. When they are out, insert your flying forces and rush in and burrow a few lurkers...

Terran.... game over..

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh ok I think I'm not making enough zerglings. I should double my front line. I have no problem at all keeping my hive cluster protected. I put sensors and sunken colonies all over the place...plus I have a bunch of reinforcements surrounding it. I have to hone my advancement skills with the zerg. I just get creamed when I try to attack and end up using all my resources for more reinforcements...thus I never get anywhere. Thanks SS!

Post Thanks / Like

Make three resources for creating the zerglings and then send them in one group to create mass destruction, while your second group is finishing being "created." As soon as your first group is destroyed, then send in your second group before the terran or the whatsits (can't remember what they're called - - it's been awhile), have time to rebuild ... during this second raid, your third group is finishing being created and you can send them in to attack before your second raiders are destroyed. See if that helps.
    "Upon us all a little rain must fall"
    ~ Led Zeppelin

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You guys are talking total destruction here. I am still partial to “Ring of Fire” for the Cube. Anybody know of something simular for the computer?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try that G- String thanks. It looks like I am not making enough of those zerglings as I said earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast