Thread: New Fender 5150 III

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fender 5150 III

All I can say is HOLY S$#* : : !! INCREDABLE harmonic structure on both the gain channells. I was pulling Zack style pinch harmonics like crazy on both channells. The middle Channell I set up with a solid thick crunch and it would open up and clean up nicely when I backed off the guitar volume. The hot channell I had set up for a thick smoking solo tone and got infinate sustain with my pair of USA MG's.
    What absolutely blew me away was how controllable the amp was. I was able to get some solid KILLER high gain tones at VERY low volumes that just got bigger and rounder as I cranked the amp. This thing is very usable at real world volumes.
    The thing just ROCKS and is the amp that the JSX Peavy should have been.
    I also pulled over a Line 6 cab with Vin 30's to A/B with the 5150 cab. The cabs are a perfectr match for the head and the 5150 cab NUKED the line 6 with the Vin 30's BIG TIME!! The Line 6 cab sounded thin and puny side by side with the 5150 cab .
    Folks these rigs are no joke!! At first I thought that the $3 K price for the halfstack was nuts-- that is untill I spent time with it. IMO forget the UBERSHALL, Boogie Recs, Diablo ect. The new 5150III is the best sounding high gain rig I have played at ANY price PERIOD!!
    The only weakness is a little bit of a lack of clean headroom but I was still able to dial up a usable clean for rockin stuff.
    The only thing I can think about now is how can I come up with enough cash to get my hands on one of these !!!
    Guitars
    Washburn's
    Chicago Custom Shop USA's 1995 MG 122,100,102,120, 1994 MG-122, one off 1994 Prototype, 1999 WM-4, 200 3-ST Stealth
    Carvins 1990 Pearl Pink reverse headstock X220C, 1991 Sapphire Blue Flame V220R.
    Accoustics
    LTD 88 Takamine

Amps
    Fender Prosonic combo
    100 watt custom one off Prosonic head
    Fender 2/12 cab
    2 Avatar 2/12 cabs- Blond Oxblood with 75's and Red with Black Vin 30's
    Yamaha 4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension
    The only thing I can think about now is how can I come up with enough cash to get my hands on one of these !!!
    Little tip for ya: If you haven't yet applied for a card from Guitar Center do and they'll give ya 1 year same as cash. That's only 250 per month for a year.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.