Thread: Epiphone LP Junior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone LP Junior

Hi I am looking at a back guitar for my sons Epiphone SG310. I have found a s/hand Epiphone LP junior, what are your thoughts on the above guitar 7 is there any thing to look for them ? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

So long as you can play it first and it's a backup anyway, you should be OK. Those bolt-neck Epi Juniors are at the bottom of the Epi line though, so make sure the electronics and tuners work well and watch for bad fretwork and sharp fret ends.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my middle son's buddies got one about ten years ago. Within six months several parts were falling off the body. In contrast, my son's Korean Danelectro hasn't had a problem in ten years; of course it cost $200 and the Epi was $99!

The young Epi owner in question gave up on playing guitar but is now completing a legal internship specializing in the music industry.

The Juniors may be better today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sub006
    One of my middle son's buddies got one about ten years ago. Within six months several parts were falling off the body. In contrast, my son's Korean Danelectro hasn't had a problem in ten years; of course it cost $200 and the Epi was $99!

The young Epi owner in question gave up on playing guitar but is now completing a legal internship specializing in the music industry.

The Juniors may be better today.

hehehehe that'll teach 'em!
    I generally don't care for epis, they just don't satisfy me. you can get a good model, I just don't like them. It could just be the headstock, but I just don't like them.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25