Thread: Interested in Super Swede?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interested in Super Swede?

No, not me.. I am talking about the guitar, and its maker the swedish Hagström AB. The "real" swedish manifacturing are long gone, but there are a museum here in sweden with lots of these old instruments. I read somewhere that they have parts for thousands of instruments there.
    Mr Gibbons bought two of the instruments a few years ago according to the swedish guitar mag Fuzz.

Here is a link to their website, and do check out the gallery pages.

http://www.albinhagstrom.se/
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

man there are some incredible looking guitars in their gallery....like this one

http://www.albinhagstrom.se/hagstrom_standard_80.htm

what is the device between the pickups....looks like an internal speaker but i don't think that is what it is.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

been digging more into the website and i guess that is an onboard synthesizer...too cool

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I did notice a few amphs in one of the galleries... I wonder if they're good for screaming solos???
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

looks like with this amph you could get some screamin solos

http://www.albinhagstrom.se/hagstrom...1962_first.htm

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at that pic made my ears bleed. Definitely an amph for screaming solos!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that is a Hagstrom synth pickup. It generates a really wierd "square" sound. That is the model that Mr Gibbons picked up two of. The mother of pearl versions goes for ridiculous sums when they appear on the market.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009