Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Triple Threat!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triple Threat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triple Threat!!

My two guitars and my son's new Squier Tele. Just changed the pickguard on my Strat tonight. Tired of the bland old white one, so replaced it with a black pearl guard I got from Stewart-McDonald. Fits like a glove! The new Seymour Duncan pups arrived today, so they'll go on the LP next week....

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice 3 Voodoo... Somehow I feel the son is going to have to pry that Tele from your hands...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitars there VooDoo man. Looks to me like the Tele is still pluged into an amp. I'm sure your son was the one playing it before the photo was taken.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

nice trio there voodoo....you might think about getting your son a guitar too so you two can play together....i hear the squire 51's are pretty good and cheap too!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Looks to me like the Tele is still pluged into an amp. I'm sure your son was the one playing it before the photo was taken.
    Uh, well, er.....I had to make sure it was in tune, didn't I? I mean, what kind of father would I be if I gave the kid an out of tune guitar!! Yeah, that's the ticket....

Seriously, we (he, his mom and I) had a talk about it last night. This isn't an outright gift--he has to earn it. We've had some ongoing "homework execution delays" this year in 7th grade, so we're tying the Tele to the timely completion of his assignments. He can play it some while he's earning it, but not unlimited access until that time. Will take him at least a month. Until then, it stays in "dad's cave". But I'll take good care of it!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god are you going to execute him for not doing his homework?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Oh my god are you going to execute him for not doing his homework?
    and if so...what's with the delays!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, you guys are incorrigible!!

Now, 'scuse me while I get back to that Tele.....I mean, Strat!! They're both black, so sometimes I get confused.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Know, one of those Micro Amps by VOX would look good with that tele.. for when/if it ends up in his room....

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

ROTFLMFAO!!!

You guys are just too much! So Voodoo, my son's white Squier Strat now has about a sixteenth of an inch of dust on it, from sitting unused in my five space Warwick Rockstand. Does that qualify as "squatter's rights?" Just curious, 'ya know?

I think it would look so much better sporting a tortoiseshell pickguard and some hot Guitar Fetish pickups.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s remember that we all where teenagers some time back. Some of us where not the best of students either. I know I wasn’t. Cut the lad some slack and let him keep the guitar in his room. Who knows what it may inspire. Explain to him if the grades do not improve, then the guitar will be off limits for a while. It’s not a punshment not to be allowed to play, if you don’t play that often. It would be like your wife saying you can’t bungee jump anymore until you get the yard cut. How often do you go bungee jumping?
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hide his school books so that his grades does not improve.. that way you can keep the tele forever!

Actually I agree with Tim on this. Too much time away from the guitar, and he might get bored with the waiting.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Actually I agree with Tim on this. Too much time away from the guitar, and he might get bored with the waiting.
    Yes, all joking aside, most educators agree that the study of a musical instrument enhances other learning. This should be supported. Also, if you take it away, he may just figure, WTF, and lose interest. In the case of my kids, I had one hell of a time trying to keep their interest in guitar, and in the end, lost. Luckily, my daughter still seems interested enough in her clarinet and HS Band membership.

I would encourage him to practice at every opportunity he gets. Find something else, like video games or time playing outside, to cut back on. Also, you might spend time with him working on his school stuff. Show that you are interested, and it may just boost his interest. Also, heap praise on when he does well. Like they say, you get more flies with honey!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, guys, easy on the parenting clinic! Believe me, we have no intention of depriving the kid of anything here--especially not music! The idea here is merely to provide an incentive to some better study habits in the form of a really cool guitar. The whole point here is to reward the positive behaviors, not punish the negative ones. Until he "earns" the nominal sum to get the Tele outright (should only take him about a month), he can still come here into my study pretty much anytime and play/practice. BTW, we just had our first "lesson" a few minutes ago. Just some basics--how to hold the guitar, getting the strap length comfortable, how to tune it, the first position minor pentatonic scale to practice, and a couple of chords (E and A) to try out.

We're going to get him started on "real" lessons shortly, so he doesn't end up with all his old man's bad playing habits!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

You have a very lucky son, my little girl got a Reno Crapocaster, but she is only six years old so maybe when it is considered a vintage guitar I´ll buy her a new one

Post Thanks / Like

Cute kid there Super Swede. Keep her close. When they get older they ten to wonder. I am a father of two in their twenties (21 and 29). I had 10 years of pure ... well let's just say in was tough. But they have come around to being normal human beings.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Tim!!!
    You are the second person in the last 24 hours that has said that same thing. My wife has a 7 1/2 year old and now I am freaking out thinking what the future is going to bring my way having a young female in my life. Should I move to an island or put bars on the windows? I need to prepare myself for this.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - I have 2 daughters. The other day I caught some young kid checking out my oldest after he filled our tea glasses at a restaurant. It was a brief pause...you know the kind...we guys do it all the time. Its stuff like that that you must prepare yourself for my friend.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast