Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Thank you, Tim & Robert!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Tim & Robert!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you, Tim & Robert!

Tim, for inspiring me to give something like this a try.

Robert, for an excellent blues-in-E backing track.

Recorded with my son's new Tele using the line-out from my AD30VT. Tweed 4x10 model with some chorus reverb. Parts of it I like pretty well and other parts are kind of lame, but it sure was fun to fool around with!

Jammin' Winter Blues
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; March 11th, 2006 at 07:34 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

voodoo...that sounded great....which backing track is that....i like it.

edit: nevermind i found it...search is my friend!

ww
    Last edited by warren0728; March 11th, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Voodoo, and the tele twanged very nice
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

Robert, for an excellent blues-in-E backing track.
    Yeah, not meant to be a thread hitchhiking, but I'd like to ad some blues, that was recorded by accident

Attachment 106

I just was testing to record via microphone, so i loaded Robert's backing and played around. So here comes the result:

All played on my Telecaster, first part on the neck pup with UK 70's amp model. Second part on the bridge pickup with AC30TB. Sound pure AD50VT, except the delay on the second part, added by a plugin.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

chris,
    i really enjoyed that! I am having hard time with "improvising" over backing tracks but am not giving in.

I loved the two different sounds...both were great!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Voodoo and Chris... Tele and VOX's sound was rocking...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent duhvoodooman!
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; March 12th, 2006 at 09:02 AM. Reason: reread original post

Post Thanks / Like

Sehr gut Chris!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Oui, Chris c'etait carrement formidable!

Hey SuperSwede why are you replying in German and not in Swedish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Sehr gut Chris!
    Danke schön

Hey, today i had walk through the city, when i saw a Hagstroem (sp?) Guitar. They were tested hier in the magazins and it was said, that they are very pricy for that quality. I will test them next days...
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Oui, Chris c'etait carrement formidable!

Hey SuperSwede why are you replying in German and not in Swedish?
    Perhaps he knows, that I don't really understand any word in swedish
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

D'oh, I get it. Chris is German! Still you should lay a little Swedish on us!

Post Thanks / Like

Tot_Ou_Tard, både jag och Robert är från Sverige....

Chris, the new Hagstroms is not even made in Sweden. They are built on license in Asia, and is NOT the nice instruments Hagström used to build.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Chris, the new Hagstroms is not even made in Sweden. They are built on license in Asia, and is NOT the nice instruments Hagström used to build.
    Good to know. But in the recent tests, they were rated all right. And they look good too.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

[QUOTE=SuperSwede]Tot_Ou_Tard, både jag och Robert är från Sverige....

Alright lemme guess....hmmmm...

Both me and Robert are from Sweden.

It's either that or:

I buff my fingertips until they are as smooooOOOoooth as a babies bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

correct answer, but I wont tell you which one

Post Thanks / Like

By the way.

I have in my possesion an album by Kent "Vapen & Ammunition" that I bought on a whim to hear Swedish rock. I have been too busy listening to other things to even give a it listen. Should I pop it in the ol cd player?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I dont like Kent, I think you should try to get hold of Louise Hoffsten "Collection 1991-2002".

Songs to look for: "hit me with your lovething" , "Let the best man win" & "Dance on your grave".

Sky High is another great band worth looking for.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job you guys playing on my little backing track! I am glad it worked to play along with for you. Both your takes were inspiring, great job!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast