Thread: Yes, Iago's band Theatro A8 new demos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes, Iago's band Theatro A8 new demos

Hi fellows!

Yesterday we finished 4 tracks in a much better quality than the previous (if you remember my first post, from june) with 3 of the "regulars" and the almost never heard before "Te Olhar".

It was all recorded in a time of 20 hours or so, including mixing.

So please comment us!!

LINK: http://www.box.net/shared/nvcptxtclv

Thanks again,

Iago - Theatro A8

Post Thanks / Like

I'l ladd some more comments about the songs and recording as soon as I can also, for those interested see ya

Post Thanks / Like

congrats iago....gonna check them out tonight!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it sounds great! What guitar amp were you using? Your guitar tone sounds impressive. It fits the song very well (I am listening to the first track right now)

I enjoy listening to non-English vocals for a change.

Awesome! You gotta get some airplay from this!? :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

sounding really good iago...looking forward to your additional comments including the gear used! ude:

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Your band sounds good, and the recording is well done. I think you and your band have a good future.

Post Thanks / Like

Iago, those sound great! I have no idea what is being sung about, but the songs are still very catchy and the playing is very good. Thanks for sharing these with us.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, thanks a lot for listening, and all the comments!

The recording of the guitars is digital.. yep yep, no amps.. I don`t remember the presets either, but we we`re using Native`s Guitar Rig 2.

I really do think there`s a lack of body and sustain on some of the leads, specially those played with the old Les Paul.. maybe we`ll change them, or add a boost later.

Gear: Ibanez hollow-body cherry red ES-335 style on "Meu Mundo" and "Te Olhar". all stock, ceramic pickups.

1970`s Giannini Les Paul "lawsuit". A black brazilian made 70`s Les Paul Standard clone probably built around '75-78. stock, except for frets. The pickups are japanese Gotoh alnico Vs. Great for leads, but really microphonic when next to the amp. Used on "Aquele Rosto and "Dessa Vez" . Belongs to Henrique (vocals) since he was 14.

Unfortunatelly NO TELE..

Post Thanks / Like

Good mix, good vocals, great melodies, and very tasty playing. Your band has talent, my friend. : You have a great sense of melody, and don't overplay on the songs.

Fantastic work, Iago.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

story time
    when we recorded "Te Olhar" I was 24h+ without sleeping, and haven`t even touch a guitar for 1 month. I went from here (Porto de Galinhas) straight to the studio (Recife - 50 miles away), so had no guitar with me. I still don`t have a guitar here on my apartment.

2 weeks after it I recorded the other 3 songs. This time I picked up the Tele at my father`s house, but the strings were so old the guitar would not sound in tune, so I could not use it on the recording.

It was used only a single guitar for each track, for all rhythms and leads. All different nuances were made by changing the pickup selector, and picking strenght. There was also a little volume boost on the solos, and I remember a very light fuzz simulation on "Aquele Rosto". I really wanted to keep it as clean as I could.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this thread Iago, I'm listening to Faixa 2.

It has a great 60's byrds/airplane feel.

What is the significance of the name Teatro A8?

I have always loved Brazillian Portuguese vocals.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tot!

Thanks a lot for listening!

Theatro means just "Theater" really..

there's 2 versions for the A8 part hehehe

1°. Ã* 8 = by 8 hands. something made by 4 people

2°. A8 = A car by Audi. (the kids in the band said.. "Hey the band has to be called by the name of something big!")