Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Mmm, dat shell pink Strat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mmm, dat shell pink Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mmm, dat shell pink Strat.

So, right now I have a nice electric that I'm using, but it's not my own. Granted, it's previous owner is my sibling, and she doesn't use it anymore (and has not in like three years), but I'll want to get my own electric at some point.. I'm figuring down the line should I manage to stick with it as much as I'd like to.

I've seen what I want.

I want. So much. Fender doesn't offer it as a standard colour, and hasn't since the 60s or something. Now, I know it's kind of silly to buy a guitar based on it's aesthetics, and I will be told "tonality!" and I agree! As far as I know, Fender's strat series are widely used and good guitars.

The problem comes where I can't buy one stock in that colour, it would have to be refinished. I am NOT handy, and would be way too afraid to try and alter an expensive instrument like that, so I'd like to get it professionally refinished.

That said.. any tips? Should I buy a white one as opposed to another colour so it's easier to paint? Who/where could I take such a thing? My google-fu has failed me. Also, seeing as this is a long range goal, like over a year, I'll be saving up.. should I be looking into an American or a Standard? and how much should I expect to pay for the refinishing job?

Thanks for any advice

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me like refinishing is very expensive.

One thing you might consider is a parts guitar from either Warmoth or USA Custom Guitar. You can get the body painted shell pink. In fact Warmoth has three shell pink guitars in stock. You can filter on body color on the menu on the left-hand side.

The downside of parts guitars is they are relatively expensive, and have low resale value. That and you have to either put them together yourself or pay someone to do it.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Ennuinaut
    So, right now I have a nice electric that I'm using, but it's not my own. Granted, it's previous owner is my sibling, and she doesn't use it anymore (and has not in like three years), but I'll want to get my own electric at some point.. I'm figuring down the line should I manage to stick with it as much as I'd like to.

I've seen what I want.

I want. So much. Fender doesn't offer it as a standard colour, and hasn't since the 60s or something. Now, I know it's kind of silly to buy a guitar based on it's aesthetics, and I will be told "tonality!" and I agree! As far as I know, Fender's strat series are widely used and good guitars.

The problem comes where I can't buy one stock in that colour, it would have to be refinished. I am NOT handy, and would be way too afraid to try and alter an expensive instrument like that, so I'd like to get it professionally refinished.

That said.. any tips? Should I buy a white one as opposed to another colour so it's easier to paint? Who/where could I take such a thing? My google-fu has failed me. Also, seeing as this is a long range goal, like over a year, I'll be saving up.. should I be looking into an American or a Standard? and how much should I expect to pay for the refinishing job?

Thanks for any advice
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. I had not considered that avenue. Again, I'd probably have to pay somebody to put them together for me, because that's just not my strong suit.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try finding a MIJ Strat in Shell Pink online. One of the Japanese retailers might have them. That is one sexy sweet color. I'd love to have one of those.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck finding it. I've never seen a strat in that color up close and personal.

I've always wanted a strat in seafoam green
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Fender made the 50s Classic in the shell pink color. I know I've seen them in the store like that, but that was at least a year ago.

I can find the shell pink color at the Fender site under colors, but don't know what line of Fenders are actually currently build with that color.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope the Classic 50s don't feature that color. Neither do the Classic 60s. I think the Warmoth bodies are the way to go here. Wildwood Music has some custom shell pink Strats but they're pretty expensive.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, about a year ago you could get one of those SX Strat copies at Rondo in pink with a rosewood neck for $99! All they show now is a package deal with a short-scale version....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm aware theres little to no way I can get one of these stock. I'm wondering more about getting like a white one painted.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, I know it's kind of silly to buy a guitar based on it's aesthetics, and I will be told "tonality!" and I agree!
    Well then several of us are silly guys and gals. Hey aesthetics is the first thing that usually attract you and then if you are lucky it sounds and plays great.

My "dream" strat is off-white and should I get one, I will keep it away from you since I know what plans you would have for it.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha. Yeah. An insidious plot!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Fender used to offer Shell Pink as a color for the 60's Classic Series strats till 2003 or so,though its really hard to find one of those. I saw one on E-Bay once last year I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. Interesting. If I purchased this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Strat-Guitar-Bod...QQcmdZViewItem

...could I buy pretty much any strat and have a repair center just.. swap the bodies?

Edit: For.. future reference anyways. The more I'm looking at it, the more I can tell it's darker, not the proper shell pink colour.

Post Thanks / Like

Does seem to be a different color
    A good place to get the paint for your project is
    http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/shellpink.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F_BSurfer
    Does seem to be a different color
    A good place to get the paint for your project is
    http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/shellpink.html
    Oh, hey wow! Have you used them before, or something? I mean, if worse comes to terrible, and I can't find a pro to do it.. hmmm..

I'll be bookmarking that link. I might see if I have an old electric, or a friend has one laying around that I can test doing my own refinishing on, then do it to the strat..

Would be a last resort.. but come what may! Cheers for the link, please tell me what you can about that store if you've used them before!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have used there products before good company and good products I have a hwy1 that I plan on repainting sometime in there Olympic white

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, dude. I signed up for their boards, too. This is a good backup option. Thank you for the link very much

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen what I want.

Thanks for any advice
    What about a hello kitty squier dont they come in that colour or very close.
    To paint it I would take it to a place that paint kitchen cupboard etc as they are use to painting wood no need to strip it( paint that is.
    Its not too hard to remove the pickgaurd , bridge etc
    To give you a idea I am having a bass painted in 2 pack ( auto paint ) I will strip the bass etc it is about $100 Australia to do
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert43
    What about a hello kitty squier dont they come in that colour or very close.
    To paint it I would take it to a place that paint kitchen cupboard etc as they are use to painting wood no need to strip it( paint that is.
    Its not too hard to remove the pickgaurd , bridge etc
    To give you a idea I am having a bass painted in 2 pack ( auto paint ) I will strip the bass etc it is about $100 Australia to do
    Ahhh... no to the hello kitty thing. I like the colour, but hello kitty is going too far.

But really? You.. don't have to remove the existing paint?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast