Thread: First Home Recordings

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Home Recordings

I just finished setting up a music page on myspace and posted some of my first attempts at home recording. If you want, head over to http://www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock and take a listen. I will be adding more as my home recording skills improve, and hopefully they will!

I recorded most of these with a Digitech RP350 with my Fender Strat Plus and Squier Standard Tele using Ableton Live.

Hope you enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chongmagic
    I just finished setting up a music page on myspace and posted some of my first attempts at home recording. If you want, head over to http://www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock and take a listen. I will be adding more as my home recording skills improve, and hopefully they will!

I recorded most of these with a Digitech RP350 with my Fender Strat Plus and Squier Standard Tele using Ableton Live.

Hope you enjoy!
    I think your stuff sounds real good. The composition "Elysian Fields" was my favorite...your abilities to write record and produce will definitely get even better it time. Keep up the fine work.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

chongmagic, First recordings? Sounds good to me. I listened to Motombo and just wrapping up Back Alley Confunkshun. I can give you positive feedback on the first two and getting ready to listen to Sadie May, Elysian Fields, and Atomic Sunset.

:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is WOW : chongmagic! You certainly set the bar very high with your "first" home recordings.

Very nice

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, chongmagic! Nicely done and just keep up the great work.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Chong those were magic!

What did you use for drums n' such?

Back Alley Confunks & Sadie May get my votes.

Love da funk! Gotta get some

FUNK

Oh yeah!

---------------------------------------------------------

Three typos removed by quick & judicious use of the EDIT POST button .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all of the kind words!

I received a Digitech RP-350 for my birthday and I have pretty much been playing around with it so far. It has been a fun little toy so far, and I have even been using the preloaded effects so far.

All of the drum tracks have come straight off of the Digitech as well.

I have been plugging the Digitech through an M-Audio Fast Track Pro recording into Ableton Live 6. I also have an EMU XBoard 49 for all of the MIDI sounds.

For Sadie May and Back Alley Confunkshun I pretty much used my Squier Standard Tele for the solo parts. I believe it does well for a Squier The other guitar tracks were recorded using my Fender Strat Plus.

I used the RP350's bass guitar effect for all of the bass guitar parts. It is pretty good, you just have to tweak it a bit for it to sound correctly.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and I will keep on recording learning more as I go.

Chong

Post Thanks / Like

Dang!!!

that was amazing man!

Especially considering these are your first recordings!

Keep em coming man!

Post Thanks / Like

Frank,

I really appreciate your comments. Let me just say that your music is awesome, you are truly a talented guitarist. I can tell you play from the heart. Keep on making that great music!

Chong

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to myspace and listened to your tunes. They are excellent! I like the variety of your compositions and the mostly understated melody to carry your songs, but you obviously can rip off a solo any time you want.

What I like to know is: How did you get your guitars to sound so much like a piano? : ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the comments. I got the piano sounds using a EMU XBoard 49 MIDI controller through Ableton Live. I have just broken the surface experimenting with all I can do with MIDI, and those piano lessons from when I was a kid payed off too. Hopefully, as I get a little more experienced with home recording I can add some more MIDI into the mix.

Again, thank you for the comments and I am glad that you enjoyed!

Chong