Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jumbo Collective
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumbo Collective

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jumbo Collective

My son Adam has a band at University I think there rather good but obviously I'm somewhat biased so some honest opinions would be most welcome.

http://www.myspace.com/jumbocollective

There's a also a Video on the page page that they made themselves and the record company is one they are setting up themselves. Adams the one with a hat & a Strat
    Last edited by Slowhand; March 14th, 2006 at 05:17 AM.
    To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 vt

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff....i really enjoyed the music and the video! There is definetly some talent there!

BTW....in think your description of your son would make a great band name or album title "a hat & a Strat"

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent sound. I down loaded it so I can hear it often. I did not see a video. I will go back and try again.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW....in think your description of your son would make a great band name or album title "a hat & a Strat"
    Thanks Warren I wish I had thought of that
    To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tim thats cool if you scroll down a bit you'll find a screen click on the bottom left and it will run or click in the middle & it will take you to a really good site with Great videos (Just search for your favorite band) after you've watched Jumbocollective of course
    To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand
    Thanks Warren I wish I had thought of that
    and i just thought of one for me...."a belly and a tele"

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    and i just thought of one for me...."a belly and a tele"

ww
    Not "a resonator & an alligator"?

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine! "Old & fat, and own a Strat"....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Not "a resonator & an alligator"?
    that one fits too!

1. I went to the University of Florida (The Florida Gators)

2. There is a lake a couple of miles from my house that is known to have the highest number of alligators per mile of shoreline than any in the nation.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Warren, so have you seen any gators in the "wild" ? I think they are rather scary, but I have only seen them on the "Crocodile Hunter" TV show
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I know that in Florida gator guts are pretty common on the highways. You can also have one hanging out in your back yard with no warning. They aren't very nice guests. They use all the toilet paper then leave.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

"A Bass In Space!"
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I know that in Florida gator guts are pretty common on the highways. You can also have one hanging out in your back yard with no warning. They aren't very nice guests. They use all the toilet paper then leave.

I bet they prefer the grater paper we discussed earlier.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Spudman, you've just described Florida's version of the racoon, except with much bigger teeth!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Or the armadillo factor across the rest of the south.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Warren, so have you seen any gators in the "wild" ? I think they are rather scary, but I have only seen them on the "Crocodile Hunter" TV show
    there is a restaurant/fish camp/biker bar on the lake i was talking about. You can usually see wild gators from there.

ANOTHER TIME...I was doing a photoshoot one early morning on a piece of property on a lake that was to be developed. They wanted some nice sunrise shots of the lake and shoreline. While i was set up waiting for the perfect light i noticed a gator about 30 yards out in the water. As i waited for the light he kept getting closer and closer (keep in mind i am out in the middle of nowhere by myself!) He got about 10 yards from the shore and then started swimming to my left and then disappeared. I was getting a little nervous because i thought the gator was coming up on land to check me out. By this time i had all the shots i needed (including a couple of the gator) and decided to get out of there. I was about 200 yards from my car and the whole treck back i had my tripod at the ready to smack him if he game at me. Believe it or not over short distances gators are VERY fast so trying to run away wouldn't work.

That's the only time i've seen a gator and gotten spooked.

I'll look for the picture of him....it actually was a nice shot!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Those gators are terrible about having their pictures taken. Pull out a camera and the swarm towards it. They are worse than guitar players and are total posers. Don't let them play your axe either...they never wash their hands.

Post Thanks / Like

here's the pic i was talking about....this one of course is small and cropped....if you want to see the full size non-cropped version click here.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand

Hi Tim thats cool if you scroll down a bit you'll find a screen click on the bottom left and it will run or click in the middle & it will take you to a really good site
    Help me here. Where is the screen? What does it look like?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast