Thread: Audacity input snaps back?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Audacity input snaps back?

Hello,

I am trying to set my input for my mic in Audacity and I pull the adjuster over with the mouse and it snaps right back to (0). Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it. Also the drop down box next to the speaker level and mic level does not have anything in it. It is supposed to have Mic or guitar or something I think.

Also My computer keeps changing my volume level to mute all. I turn it off and it turns it back on again. I am running Windows XP Pro with the Behringer USB UCA202.

Please help.
    M29

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry I cannot help.. but will let you know it has happened to me before also.. then after a reboot or two.... it just starts working again.. dunno the cause... did yours ever show right?

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Im sorry I cannot help.. but will let you know it has happened to me before also.. then after a reboot or two.... it just starts working again.. dunno the cause... did yours ever show right?
    yeah same thing happened here except I ended up having to reinstall it:

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ,

Thanks guys. I reinstalled Audacity and I think I may have my input slider taken care of. Although I do have to keep pulling it up every time I want to do something. My main problem right now is my speaker level keeps going to (Mute) by itself. I turn the mute off and all of a sudden it goes back on again. I have been through (sounds and audio devices and all the settings in control panel) with no help, it keeps muting without me muting it. I have been searching around and some say that another program may be turning it off like Quicktime or something like that. It is driving me crazy

Thank you for your time and help, I thought this was going to slip into the abysse and not get any replies. Thanks guys.

M29