Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Wrist Bands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist Bands

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrist Bands

Ok, I play guitar. I’m not the best, but I do play. What is with the wrist bands I see a lot of guitarist wearing? I see think ones and thin ones. I see leather ones and cotton ones. Ones with elastic, others with Velcro. They are in a mixture of colors. Are they used for sweating purposes or for muting the strings on certain chords? An inquiring mind wants to know.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Two inquiring minds would like to know!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

They write chord changes and lyrics on them. Since everyone has gone to in ear monitors there is nowhere left for a cheat sheet.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

No! No! This can not possibly be the right answer. Some bands are only ¼ inch wide. Supman, I think you have eaten too many potatoes or it’s too cold there in Iduhho!
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I wrote that on sheer speculation. If the bands are thin and yellow they are Lance Armstong Live Strong cancer awareness bracelets. Mostly everyone else has gotten on the bandwagon and come up with their own awareness theme. Mostly just fashion vogue. No playing enhancement except that you look cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Spudman, I’ll take your word on it for now.

I think you should change you signature to read: Without a band I get no rhythm accompanied screamin solos.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm out of space.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wristbands

sometimes when i play surf.. which is alot sometimes... i use my wrist to palm mute,,and after a while it opens up and it really stings when a string vibrates in the sore spot... i've taken to taping my wrists. like i heard one other local guy do... dunno if thats what the wristbands are for though, could be a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bigbear

Steve - please tell us more about your addiction with Stratocasters. It really helps to get this kind of stuff off your chest.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    My name is Steve and I'm a Strataholic.
    OK, Fretters, everybody in unison:

"HI, STEVE!!!"

Our 12-step program touted here consists of you playing your Strats, talking about your Strats, posting audio clips played on your Strats, posting photos of your Strats, discussing modifications you plan to make on your Strats, encouraging others to buy Strats, and describing in excruciating detail the GAS attacks which are driving you to purchase even more Strats. There are five more steps, but I forgot what they were while I was playing my Strat.

The bad news is that it's highly unlikely that you will "get better". The good news is that most of us here can't think of a reason why you should even try!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    The bad news is that it's highly unlikely that you will "get better". The good news is that most of us here can't think of a reason why you should even try!
    lmao

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I am so strung out now (10-46) that I hung a Strat (on the wall). Does this mean I'm loosing it. Could someone hold my hand (in the 9add13) position before I start to Cry (baby). Yes, I have Strat every day. It is effecting my life and relationships (with non players).
    Do I have a problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Do I have a problem?
    Probably. Play two Hendrix songs and call me in the morning.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I think Steve and his Strats need to take a vacation together and stay until they straighten out this problem. There is no use of them returning with the addition still on going. Steve's immediate family and love ones are will need to survive until Steve returns from his self re-alignment sabbatical. Oh by the way Steve, bring me back some wrist bands (back to the topic of this thread).
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO
    You guys are too much. I guess here in Idaho I'm used to people not knowing anything about the "anonymous" crowd. I am proud to be in such good company here on the fret.
    I did 2 Hendrix songs and a Robin Trower but I still have that craving. I might need some kind of intervention like a jam session.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on down to Florida. Warren and I will be most happy to jam with you Spuds. Maybe we can get Frank to come up from Central East Coast of Florida. Bring all your Strats with you. They need a vacation too. We can show you rain, sand and lots of water ... deep blue water.

Update:

And lots and lots of alligators. Swimming anybody???
    Last edited by Tim; March 15th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 Hendrix songs and a Robin Trower but I still have that craving. I might need some kind of intervention like a jam session.
    Try some SRV and a Dire Straits tune or two. Might help.

BTW, I thought of the missing 5 steps. They came to me while I was playing my Strat.

8) Brag about how the last modification you did to your Strat makes you sound like a cross between Hendrix and SRV, only with better chops.
    9) Complain about how the last modification you did to your Strat didn't work for squat, and now it sounds like Ashlee Simpson, if she played a Strat, or pretended to.
    10) Talk about how you bought a Strat for your kid, but they never play it because they're too busy sneaking out of the house at 3 AM.
    11) Chuckle to yourself while the humbucker guys argue endlessly over buying Gibsons vs. Epiphones.
    12) Argue with the other Strat guys about Squiers vs. MIM's vs. MIA's while the Gibby/Epi crowd does the chuckling.

Hope this helps you come to grips with your demons, or at least your Bad Monkey.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Voodoo

Too funny. I have tears coming out or maybe it's that you hit too close to home. I forgot about all the excuses. I'm laughing like crazy.

12) Argue with the other Strat guys about Squiers vs. MIM's vs. MIA's while the Gibby/Epi crowd does the chuckling.

I'll try this one. And I'll make a new wrist band for Strataholics to proclaim their addiction. Anyone know where I can get them made?

Post Thanks / Like

And I'll make a new wrist band for Strataholics to proclaim their addiction. Anyone know where I can get them made?
    Reminderband.com

How about some that say "Practicing Strataholic"? You can order as few as 20 for $1.95 each. I bet you could move that many here in about 5 minutes.

Just in case, put me down for two....

P.S. Now, that's one BAD Monkey!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast