Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New Fender Broadcasters?

Thread: New Fender Broadcasters?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fender Broadcasters?

Now that Fender owns Gretsch, do they also own the drum division?

Back around 1950, Fender had a guitar they called the "Broadcaster". Gretsch had a drum kit called the "Broadkaster" that hit the market well before Fender's guitar.

Gretsch complained, and Fender took the name off the headstock, creating the "NoCaster".

Several months later Fender added a new name to the headstock, and the "Telecaster" was born.

I'm thinking maybe FMIC now has rights to the name, so they could bring out a new Broadcaster reissue.

Post Thanks / Like

Son, I believe you may have a future in marketing!! Heckuva an idea there.... :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The way FMIC has been cashing in with Custom Shop and Signature/Replica models galore, I'm sure a Broadcaster RI would be far out of any sane person's financial reach

That said, I'm still a Tele fan and would love to get my hands on one...

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5