Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Moment to think, How to continue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I just picked up Effortless Mastery & Zen Guitar. I'll read them when the moment is NOW .
    It is now, that's all it ever is

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    It is now, that's all it ever is

tung
    Yes, but in this same NOW no books are being read .
    I pick a moon dog.

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    these guys all have good perspectives, a good book and a lot of practice can get you far, but at the same time self-learning from watching other people play is a good thing too, I've tried both methods, and they both work great, while I still have a ways to go, I've made improvements. just remember to keep doing what works and to keep listening to different music, whether its the same genre/different artist or a different genre altogether, you can learn from different playing styles.
    +1: When I teach people how to play guitar I try not to give them books but give them "hands on training" and that I think works better than going off books

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Help?

There's a book called The Guitar Grimiore by Carl Fischer, Guitar Voicings and Chords. It contains every Chord and voicing possible on the entire fretboard, and for every Chord, it shows about seven different scales for that chord!
    Yea, this book is the real deal. Solos are tuff my friend. You need speed and dexterity for those and the only way to get speed and dexterity is to practice.
    Don't give up though. After my first year of bass playing I wasn't that good either.
    Take some time off. Sometimes, you have to put down your axe for a couple of days or weeks even, and then come back fresh and looking forward to playing.
    It gets you out of that rut! Try it, you'll feel better after your vacation if you know what I mean. :
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

What's tung :P?
    "We keep on fighting till the end" - Queen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12