Thread: A Moment to think, How to continue

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Moment to think, How to continue

Hello Folks,

Well, first let me post for the first time It is not my first forum but I will try to help you at some area that even not mastering it, electronics, I can give you advice to your projects.

My problem is the following, I have been playing guitar for about ONE year, and I feel that I am not advancing, I do not know much about theory, I would like you to know how I can SEARCH for information, which method is the best or most effective.. I know some scales, but If you tell me "this Zeppelin song namely 'rock and roll' is a blues in 'X' key.. I can not figure out even how to play, I am really frustrating. Hire an instructor? I have tried 2 instructors without major advances while an year.. Only I played Stairway to heaven without the solo (Which later I do not know how I figured that, but some tabs maybe.). And finally my last question is how you get your songs, are tabs really trustable? are not they? I do not know which road to take, I am really lost. I need your help guys.

I leave you things that I've learn,

Major Chords
    Minor Chords
    Some blues songs
    Some scales (Minor, Pentatonic Minor..)
    Some tabs

I think that I have not learn anything, I remember arpeggios that they are playing a chord note by note,

Well I'll stop here, and I hope you give me a hand, I'll practise as lot as I can.

Thanks for leaving me to tell you my problem,
    Goodbye, WTVintage.
    Last edited by WTVintage; December 23rd, 2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Title.
    "We keep on fighting till the end" - Queen