Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

I ran onto this site and really like it , there seems to be something for everyone.
    I have been playing guitar off and on for 40 years , played in several bands in Ohio before moving to Texas. Quit playing out for a few raised a family and stayed at home. Seen SRV and decided to get into the blues have been goin that way for several years now. Most fun gig I ever played was in Amsterdam with the Pat Savage Band , and the JHB . Got my 15 of fame.
    Equipment wise I have a 1970,s US Strat. 1962 EPI Granada , 1967 Fender Coronado II . A Breedlove acoustic and an Art and Lutherie Acoustic

Amplifiers 1990 Tweed 100 watt Hybrid Tubeworks , One of the best kept secrets of all time. Tubeworks have sold out
    Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier Maverick ...so so too bright I am not a Boogie fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, VSTAR! Glad you joined us.
    SRV fan, not a big Dual Rec fan???
    No problem, you'll fit right in here.
    I think alot of us take time off to raise a family, that's how I learned to play "Workin' man blues".....
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Yes or in my case it was Big Boss Man the wife LOL . Every year we go to the Navasota Blues festival it is a celebration of Brazos county blues history . Mance Lipscomb was their most famous player. When I first moved to Texas there was this old guy who used to live in a shotgun shack in Washington Texas and play acoustic blues . I was lucky enough to have met him befor he passed he was Abraham Sweed a very poor Texas bluesman . Abraham Sweed never did well in the U S but did OK in Europe , But boy the stories he could tell about the Bluesman from all over the world and the battle between acoustic and electric blues . They have paintings of him at the festival and I think it is time I spend the cash and buy one . These folks are part of American music history more so then the SRV's.

Post Thanks / Like

HI Vstar
    Glad you found our forum. Another experienced player is greatly appreciated here. We have a good time here so stick around and get to know everyone. Really nice folks and respectful.

Is Vstar for the motorcycle?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome VSTAR !

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome VSTAR! Glad you joined this forum.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

VSTAR, here's a formal welcome to you. It's good to hear you've taken a liking to this place and I would say your view is right on target.

There are a few of us in Ohio and a good number in Texas that frequent the board.

Look forward to more conversation - Enjoy!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VSTAR
    Y When I first moved to Texas there was this old guy who used to live in a shotgun shack in Washington Texas and play acoustic blues . I was lucky enough to have met him befor he passed he was Abraham Sweed a very poor Texas bluesman . Abraham Sweed never did well in the U S but did OK in Europe , But boy the stories he could tell about the Bluesman from all over the world and the battle between acoustic and electric blues . They have paintings of him at the festival and I think it is time I spend the cash and buy one . These folks are part of American music history more so then the SRV's.
    That's right! The poor ol' bluesmen & hill-country ol' timey music players are the true soul of all this. Time to break out:

The Anthology of American Folk Music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antholo...can_Folk_Music

Europe has always treated our bluesers & jazzers better than the US has.

Do you remember any of Sweed's tales? I'm all ears.

Thanks for joining us here!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Vstar.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Vstar. Glad to have you here. :

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, VSTAR. Always good to have another blueser here.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the the Fret Club! Good to have you here.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! It's a different kinds place. Way cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome VSTAR:

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Vstar, I'm new here myself.
    This place looks like one of the better rounded places.

Cheers
    My Momma always said "Stultus est sicut stultus facit".
    She was funny like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, VSTAR! Always great to have another blues fan/player here. And Texas is a damn fine place to be doing that! And keep in mind that you can't spell VSTAR without an S, an R and a V!!! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, VSTAR! :
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast