Thread: Strat Necks

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Strat Necks

Hey Guys
    On my VG the fret inlays are just dots nothing special and I thought it would be cool to buy a new neck for it with some cool inlays on it. I would keep the Maple neck and everything else but want some fret inlays that aren't dots. Can anyone here post some pics of some maple necks with different fret inlays?

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

In my humble opinion, there's nothing cooler than a maple fretboard with sharkies.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Marnold
    Do you think they would look cool on a sunburst Strat? So how do you get fret inlays anyway do you take them to a shop and get them put in or what? I like the sharkies as well. Is there any other cool fret markers around?

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Hey Marnold
    Do you think they would look cool on a sunburst Strat? So how do you get fret inlays anyway do you take them to a shop and get them put in or what? I like the sharkies as well. Is there any other cool fret markers around?
    Even though I'm a huge sharkies fan, I don't think I'd be inclined to mess with your Strat. For my money it has THE classic Fender Strat look. If you were going for a super Strat or a Dinky, that'd be something different. I especially think that altering the existing neck would be a disaster. If you REALLY want something different, get a Warmoth replacement neck. Here's their inlay page. As with everything with Warmoth, such an option is not inexpensive.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hey Marnold
    Yeah I guess that fair enough. I want to get a cheaper Fender Strat like $1000NZ dollar, to have as like a do-up guitar so buy a new neck for it with some mean fret markers and white pearl pickguard and black body and chrome hardware with some mean pups in in to get a real bluesy, rock sound.

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE

Post Thanks / Like

Abalone Stars on a Maple Neck
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big K
    They're pretty cool. What would you guys want if you were putting them on a blues sounding Strat?

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE