Thread: Bose

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bose

402-E. has anyone ever heard of this? i just found one (literally) and i have no clue what it is...HELP!
    "What about making a TACO smoothie?"

2006 Fender Highway One Stratocaster
    2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster, heavily modded with hand wound, custom designed pickups, custom pickguard, phase and kill switches and mid boost (i.e. my baby)
    2005 Schecter C-1 Classic
    2004 Rogue RA 100-D acoustic
    2005 Vox AD-30, modded with Celestion G 10 and custom Birch housing
    Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    Ibanez TS9DX (analog man mod)
    Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard

Post Thanks / Like

quick google search for bose 42-e turned up lots of info:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

basically it is an active equalizer for the bose 402 speakers...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...so basically since i do'nt have those speakers its useless to me? great...:

2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster, heavily modded with hand wound, custom designed pickups, custom pickguard, phase and kill switches and mid boost (i.e. my baby)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, don't have any 402's, but I do have a couple of sets of Bose 901's, a series II and a series IV (each comes with an equalizer). The equalizers are specifically designed to work with Bose speakers. I have played around with them some and discovered that on less expensive speakers they can dramatically improve the sound (they tend to increase the higher frequencies and the presence of the speaker, makes them sound more realistic) . But unlike other equalizers they are very limited in terms of adjusting the effect (or is that affect, I always get those mixed up ) they have. I wouldn't recommend purchasing one without the speakers, but if you already have it, play around with it.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm.....i'll play around with it. i'm kinda bummed that i dont have those 402's though!

Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard