View Poll Results: Whats your Favorite Bass String Brand?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • D'Addario

3 50.00%
  • GHS

1 16.67%
  • LaBella

1 16.67%
  • Fender

0 0%
  • DR

0 0%
  • Ken Smiths

0 0%
  • Pyramids

0 0%
  • Rotosounds

1 16.67%
  • Other? {State your Brand}

0 0%

Thread: Favorite Bass Strings?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Favorite Bass Strings?

What do you like?
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day when I still played bass I only used GHS Boomer roundwounds. I know I tried several brands before sticking with them. I think the original reason was because my first bass was so crappy. Boomers were the brightest roundwounds I tried, which kept my sound (notice I didn't use the word "tone") from descending into utter mud. They also seemed to last forever.

BTW, nice Jaco pic.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

for bass, so far it's my d'addarios flats and this other set of Dean markley rounds, I've only tried about three brands, and so far I like the d'addarios (out of Long+mcquade brand, pretty crappy, the dean markleys, great at their pricepoint, and those)
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25