Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Attentuator? Any new info?

Thread: Attentuator? Any new info?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attentuator? Any new info?

Hello,

I am going to purchase an attenuator and being there has been an influx of new members lately I wondered if there was any new info on this subject? I am considering the Weber Mini Mass at the moment, something below 100.00.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Just that I continue to hear very good things about those Weber units. If you don't have big power needs, they seem to be the way to go....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Just that I continue to hear very good things about those Weber units. If you don't have big power needs, they seem to be the way to go....
    +1

If were to buy one, I'd probably buy one of the Weber units. Relative low cost and seem to work well.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Hello duhvoodooman,

I am wondering which wattage to get if I get one? I will only be using it with my Valve Junior and possibly my 18 watt but I would like to get a nice clean 40 watt amp down the road and might use it for that.
    They have a 25 watt model and a 50 watt. 75.00 and 100.00 respectively. I wonder if it would be better to run a 25 watt on a 5 watt VJ then a 50 on a 5 watt VJ?
    I am considering it mainly for the VJ for recording in my computer room. I don't know what effect (good or bad) the extra 25 watts would be on the VJ if I went with the 50 watt.

Thank you.

M

Post Thanks / Like

M29,

I bought the 50 Watt Weber Mini Mass for my Epi VJ back in August of 2007. It works great, however, I find that I do not use it as much as I thought I would. Nothing wrong with it....just not using it much. If you are interested in buying it from me, send me a PM and we can discuss the details.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent GG

M

Post Thanks / Like

Got your PM and replied.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info tunghaichuan,

M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    I am wondering which wattage to get if I get one? I will only be using it with my Valve Junior and possibly my 18 watt but I would like to get a nice clean 40 watt amp down the road and might use it for that.
    They have a 25 watt model and a 50 watt. 75.00 and 100.00 respectively. I wonder if it would be better to run a 25 watt on a 5 watt VJ then a 50 on a 5 watt VJ?
    I am considering it mainly for the VJ for recording in my computer room. I don't know what effect (good or bad) the extra 25 watts would be on the VJ if I went with the 50 watt.
    If you definitely see the 40W amp purchase in the not-too-distant future, it would seem to make more sense to go with the 50W attenuator. It probably won't be quite as effective with the 5W VJr, but should still work OK. OTOH, the 25W would clearly be inadequate for a 40W amp, and you'd be looking at replacing it, or getting a 2nd attenuator....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!