Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The bass in the Vox ADxxVT amps

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Robert,

Great link thank you very much. As with most speaker enclosures I think we would have to experiment and that can be difficult and expensive but the guy from the link has taught us a lot. You just wish you could be there to hear it for yourself. Without the proper test instruments we are kind of in the dark.
    In my humble opinion, I think it would be interesting to have an adjustable port to try out somehow on the back of the cab. I think it might be possible to do something with that and maybe not have to spend the money on a speaker.
    Also a word of caution, I have found over the years that the back and front board on a cabinet provides a great deal of strength and if you take the whole back off I think it might weaken the whole structure. It may not be evident for a while but utilizing a hole or port of some sort will leave the outer ring of the back which will add strength in each corner where it is most effective. Doing this on a seperate piece of plywood as mentioned earlier will also keep the original to be able to put back to stock.

Just some thoughts...

Thanks again for your time and help all.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I was messin with the ad50vt tonight and it is my opinion that the muddy bass comes through with the headphones on as well. What do you guys think? If so things are alot deeper then I thought, the problem may be ahead of the speaker. I also felt that the mudiness was absent on the Black Face 2x12 and the Tweed 4x10. This is starting to bug me... Maybe an equalizer may be in order as Tim was saying.

M29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12