Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
G&L ASAT opinions.

Thread: G&L ASAT opinions.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Asat,

Awewsome bass! A G&L is superior to a Fender.
    You have one of the best basses money could buy my friend! :
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

G&L makes good guitars, and I have kind of a special one. In 1998 the discussion board G&L Tribute Page commissioned a batch of custom ordered G&Ls which are semi-hollow mahogany body, bird-eye maple neck with ebony fretboard, saddle-lock bridge, and with the G&L S500 pickup set. The S500 setup is essentially a Stratocaster setup with a mini toggle that allows you to combine neck and bridge pickup, or even all 3 pickups in addition to the normal 5 Strat pickup combinations. I had gotten back into guitar playing a couple of years before that and I treated myself to one of these: I have #22 out of the 25 that were made.

Wingsdad already explained the difference between the Tribute line (actually it was weird that G&L picked this name for the line of guitar years after the existence of the independent discussion board by the same name; G&L now does administer the discussion board) and the US G&L lines. I have actually heard good things about the Tribute line.

To clarify even a little more. Some years ago G&L built a line of guitars in Japan for the Japanese market, and they called them Tributes. These were not meant for the US market and were rarely seen in the US. They did not build these guitars for very long. A few years ago G&L started the import Tribute line manufactured in Korea with a large Tribute logo on the headstock, underneath it it says G&L in small font. In the last year or so the import Tributes are now built in Indonesia. These now have a large G&L logo on the headstock and says Tribute in small font underneath. So if are looking at G&L guitars look carefully at the logo on the headstock so you can tell whether it is US-made or imported.

I've been a regular on the G&L discussion board since 1999.