Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bm collab tune

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bm collab tune

I put around 2 min on this old BT, there's over 6 min left for anyone who'd like to put their takes on it. I didn't "add" the BT to the existing ones, it's already there, I just lengthened it in Audacity. I'll put the empty backer here, plus my 2 min. worth of playing if you'd like to add to it.

BT only...
    http://www.box.net/shared/rdcjxdswg0

Collaboration for Fretters...
    http://www.box.net/shared/kg310m2roc
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice OG! I like the mellow vibe.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Steve!
    Your turn!
    ( I know you've got the gear to record now.)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Oldguy,

Thank you for that beautiful bt my friend!
    This bt came like "heavensent". Picked up the guitar for the first time in 14 days and I wasn't sure what was gonna come out.

If you need the solo stand alone to integrate it in your mix just let me know.

I'm right after you from 2:13 'til 3:46.
    I hope you enjoy my addition:
    http://www.box.net/shared/0yp51u9wkw

I played my ESP Les Paul and Plexi Marshall (Line6 Gearbox software)

Greetz
    Jimi75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, this sounds GREAT!.
    And Jimi, you play it with such genuine emotion and soul.
    Thanks for the jams.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Great sound guys - very inspirational.

This is the stuff that makes beginners drive on: : :
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed it all...

BTW, Jimi..on yours.. it sounds like someone is tapping the table in the background? or is it just me again?

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous guys. Great BT and wonderful space in the first melody part. You both sound great. I'm compelled to chip in a bit. Don't know what that tapping is, but I'm gonna use that one. Jimi, that smoked, tapping and all.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

here's my addition to this great BT. Jimi, hope your inspirational playing is helping you through your difficult time. Guitars are golden that way.
    http://www.box.net/shared/23bf0u7ksw
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for contributing on this tune, guys! I think collaborations are a great way to jam together from long distance.
    Jimi, I especially liked the way you kept the vibe I started on the track, and still made it your own style. Emotional, soulful playing, I think your concentration is very nice on this. Thank you, my friend.
    helliott, I also like the way you kept the groove going, almost like the three of us were taking turns soloing on stage..... nice job. Thank you.

Well, looks like we've solo'd from the midwest US, to Germany, and Canada!
    Maybe somebody will bring it on around the globe, or take it back someplace for another run.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I enjoyed it all...

BTW, Jimi..on yours.. it sounds like someone is tapping the table in the background? or is it just me again?
    when I import an mp3 file the bass drum always taps. I hate this and I do not know how to handle this issue. This is why I offered my solo take also stand alone so that Oldguy could implement it in his bt.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    here's my addition to this great BT. Jimi, hope your inspirational playing is helping you through your difficult time. Guitars are golden that way.
    http://www.box.net/shared/23bf0u7ksw
    Helliot, I am blown away. That was such a great take on bringing the story to the next step. Very original sounding your blues licks and great phrasing.

I really hope some more guys add their lines as this collaboration is really great!

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap guys !, you guys are SMOKIN ! that was frign awsome..
    OG, what did you do the bt with ?
    Maybe I should try to get on this..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Holy crap guys !, you guys are SMOKIN ! that was frign awsome..
    OG, what did you do the bt with ?
    Maybe I should try to get on this..
    Thanks, Ted.

I didn't do it, it was from a BT site. I think the original was Memphis Bm blues, something like that. It was in the BT site maybe a year ago.

Yes, you should.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a take right now...
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link. I put it at the beginning. The link is just me (no backing). I hope I did it right!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6142239
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

edit ..link below

Here is an attempt. I guess around 3:46 ? Kinda quiet and $hitty sounding, not very bright. I used Garage Band. Gotta spend some more time with the s/w.
    Thanks for the poke guy's !

Post Thanks / Like

hey, how come box.net doesn't have a play option on mine ?

Post Thanks / Like

ok, converted to mp3.. duh..
    http://www.box.net/shared/sjvr0io8wc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast