Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Nashville Power Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I think I'd want Vood's mod. Gotta have the bridge/neck combo.

Hmmmmm Is there a link to that mod? (I put up that same topic in another thread, sorry) :

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting! Much obliged marnold....

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nashville

That has to be an awesome guitar.

I have two stereo guitars with piezo bridge pups: a great and expensive Schecter C1 E/A with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, super strat style, a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge, I had the tone pot changed to the one that you can get lots of range out of as well - totally awesome semihollow guitar with thick swamp ash top and beautiful trim, emanating a very expensive guitar. It has one jack that is stereo and you use the "y" adaptor to run it to the regular guitar amp an the acoustic amp or pa.

I have a great acoustic amp with great two channel features that I liked way better than the Marshall; it is the Crate Gunnison sisty watt, beautiful tone and great amp with a ten inch speaker and sound that is incredible, especially when played stereo with the other amp and a stereo guitar.

My other stereo guitar is an awesome Peavey Generation EX Custom with two Peavey custom wound covered humbuckers and the piezo bridge pickup system. It is a telecaster and is super fun to play, full binding and all sorts of expensive hardware and good looks, in antique sunburst. Same idea: one jack and "y" cable to the acoustic amp an the guitar amp.

When played straight into a regular tube guitar amp or ss these guitars do not sound even similar to how they sound when played stereo. You can do it but the simulated modelled acoustic tone sounds messed up; however, when you plug them into the acoustic amp and play stereo they sound like super awesome guitars with a lot of versitility that a master would have hours of fun with.

I would expect the Fender Nashville to sound better than my Peavey Generation EX Custom but it would have a run against the Schecter C1 E/A.

However, if you were to put a Seymour Duncan single coil sized humbucker like a hot rails, little "59, or the awesome JB Jr in the middle position, I think the Power Nashville would really sound super fantastic and totally amazing and HOT hot hot. Just an idea.

That Crate Gunnison sixty watt acoustic amp is really nice and I paid about three hundred and twenty nine dollars for it at GC. Well worth it considering it sounded at least twice as good as the Marshall with the two eight inch speakers, way more features and even a few effects including effects that you can put onto your microphone to make your voice sound really full and great, etc.

Hope you enjoy the guitar.

What amp did you get?

Can you give us an update?

Thanks,

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.

Just had my Hwy one and brand new Gibson SG faded stolen; but you know what? I'm not that blown away. I have a lot of guitars and I'm lucky. I'm playing some of my great guitars that just are not of the BIG TWO and they sound super great and I have gained a new appreciation for them. Just having them there during this time of loss has made the loss almost painless: let the insurance company take care of it. Maybe I'll get a Nashville Power Tele in Black or Walnut? when I get the check. Or an Agile LP, anybody know about them?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your guitars gone missing Duffy... bad karma on the wanker(s) who did that.

I picked up a replacement pick guard from fellow Fretter Trev (T_Ross) quite some time ago with the thought I'd route that pg to accept a bucker in the neck position of the Tele. The guitar itself is already to accept a bucker, so no routing of the guitar would be req'd. The guard came in an SS configuration, so I just ended up putting a Seymour Duncan 'Cool Rails' in the neck which didn't require me to route the guard. A few weeks ago I threw in a SD 1/4 lb staggered into the middle position, but will be swappping that one out shortly for a Lace 'Holy Grail' p/u. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with the bridge p/u yet, and may experiment with another bucker with the provision I install a switch to split the coils... but I'm in no rush there.

I've been playing with some folks in a classic rock band for the past 6 weeks or so, and this has become my guitar of choice with its versatility. I take a Peavey Classic 30 with me to practice and it does a great job of covering most of the material we're practising, but the Fishman piezo p/u's aren't done much justice through this amp. To help get a better acoustic sound with this guitar and amp combo, I'm using a Boss AC-2 pedal which works very well with the piezo's, but doesn't do much for magnetic p/u's.

At home I'm running the guitar threw the PV30, and a Roland JC-120 amp. The JC-120 is not as good as a dedicated acoustic amp, but is pretty good as a comprimise.

All in all I'd have to say I'm very happy with the Tele, and it does very well for coming through the mix (so to speak)
    Cheers
    David
    Last edited by Algonquin; August 26th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acoustic pickups

I put a Dean Markley piano black Pro Mag Something, full humbucker sound hole pickup in my Samick Jumbo acoustic and played it just for fun thru my little Marshall MG15CDR that has a real mini reverb tank and a closed back. It sounded fantastic, but I was using one of my pedals, maybe an overdrive or a multipedal. It was awesome sounding, probably because the acoustic pickup is a humbucker not a piezo electric.

I'd love to have a JC-120. Are they as great as people say they are? Or do you like the classic thirty sound better for rock?

Try that piezo stereo thru your Classic thirty and an acoustic amp at a store sometime. See if it sounds awesome. But make sure you use a great sounding acoustic amp because a lot of them didn't sound good at all to me. The Crate was a big surprise in the middle of confusion.

Still waiting for the meeting with the insurance man. Maybe I'll get a JC-120 if they are as awesome as people say.

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12