Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fender Nashville Power Telecaster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender Nashville Power Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Nashville Power Telecaster

I went out 'browsing' after Christmas and ended up coming home with this! I've been considering a Tele for a while now. I was looking into picking up an inexpensive Squier Blonde Affinity Tele, but couldn't find one in the local shops. Then I was eyeballing a '62 AVRI, but wasn't sure because it had mods done to it which detracted from the vintage feel.

So this one was a complete surprise find. I saw it listed on sale during boxing week as a 'Tex Mex' Tele. I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the guitar when I got to look it over. What I couldn't figure out at first was why all 5 pickup selections sounded 'tonally' similar... I had to ask for help on this on.

Turns out this is the 'Power' model which has the Fender/Fishman power bridge. The bridge has individual Piezo pickups under each bridge saddle to simulate an acoustic sound. The Piezo pickups are controlled by the back knob, and will overide (very hot) the magnetic pickups, which is why I was having trouble. You just have to understand how the controls work.

The guitar came with a Fender 'Y' cable so you can send the Acoustic signal to one amp, and the magnetic pickup signal to another. This is partially why I'm looking into another small amp... I want to utilize this feature. You can use a regular patch cable into a single amp input and balance the two signals if you want, but it's just not the same.

After I got it, I had read that some felt the acoustic sound was a bit thin. Well I can bet you they hadn't played it through a stereo amp with chorus, because it sounds huge through the JC-120!

It comes with Tex Mex pickups, Tele's in the neck and bridge and a Strat in the centre. So far my favourite sound is the bridge/centre postion, with the piezo acoustic sound a very close second. These Tex Mex pickups are very nice, and I have no plans to replace them. I'm impressed with how quiet they are and they sound great clean, and with an overdrive pedal.

I think I found a Keeper! The only thing I've thought of doing is replacing the white centre Strat P/U cover with a black one... Whaddya think?

I'm very happy to have added a Tele to my small collection! :

David
    Last edited by Algonquin; February 8th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cooool! Congrats on a nice looking axe! Is it MIM or MIA?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Honest Mom, it followed me home!!!

Very nice Algonquin.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

It is the Deluxe, which is 'Made in Mexico'!

I've had it since the 27th of December, and my fingers are RAW.

Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Yow!! Very cool indeed.

I'd like to have a piezo equipped electric.

The Nashville style teles are always intriguing. Sounds like you have a gazillion sounds to play with.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Honest Mom, it followed me home!!!

Very nice Algonquin.
    Thanks Strummy!

I called home for clearance first... didn't want to overly upset the better half over the holidays!

Mrs Algonquin is pretty cool about this. She doesn't always want to here me making noise, but I think she understands how much I've enjoyed getting back into guitar.

Oh man... I'm gong to demo amps tomorrow!
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yow!! Very cool indeed.

I'd like to have a piezo equipped electric.

The Nashville style teles are always intriguing. Sounds like you have a gazillion sounds to play with.

Thanks ToTa...

It's like having two guit fiddles in one!

I am truly impressed by the acoustic simulation. It's very genuine. There's a couple of Fretters here that could record wonderful things with it I'm sure. Jim P is one who comes to mind... His stuff is outstanding!
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

As a bit of a purist about tele's I'd suggest you replace the middle pickup with nothing whatsoever .
    Seriously, it looks great. Wouldn't one of your JC's sound alright with a piezo?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!
    We want clips!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering when you were going to post this..
    What "amphs" are you planning to test drive David ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tele....

I love all Tele's! I prefer the Tele over the strat and the souped up Tele's are DYNOMITE!
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Thanks Strummy!

I called home for clearance first... didn't want to overly upset the better half over the holidays!

Mrs Algonquin is pretty cool about this. She doesn't always want to here me making noise, but I think she understands how much I've enjoyed getting back into guitar.

Oh man... I'm gong to demo amps tomorrow!
    I will admit that I was not a Tele fan before arriving here. I just couldn't see the interest. While they still are not my favorite, I now have a better understanding of the attraction and ones like yours makes it more likely that one will eventually find it's way into my humble collection of guitars.

Now, to save me money, don't show me a photo of a new amp so quickly after the Tele - however, I do wish you wish you happy hunting while you are searching for a new amp
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    I was wondering when you were going to post this..
    What "amphs" are you planning to test drive David ?
    Something small and low wattage for sure. The shop I'm going to have a used Twin for a good price, but it's way to powerful for my needs.

Just for fun, I'm going to have a look at this one.

It's a Pro Jr in a Fancy Schmancy package.
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new piece:
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

: : :

I think the Nashville Tele is a great guitar and a fantastic value. I have the regular Deluxe version w/o the Fishman piezo setup. I like the sonic flexibility you get from that third pickup at the middle position. The only thing I missed was that characteristic tone you get from the neck & bridge pickup combo in a Tele, so I installed a push-pull pot wired to give that combination. Now I have all the classic Tele tones as well as the additional ones from the middle p'up.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Tele yet!

Over the more than 4 decades I've owned Teles, both Fender and custom built, I rank the Nashville Power Tele at the top of the heap! It can effectively replace three guitars at a live gig and do it very well....

IMO,

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd want Vood's mod. Gotta have the bridge/neck combo.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I think I'd want Vood's mod. Gotta have the bridge/neck combo.
    Concur. That would be a great guitar I think. What about a humbucker that splits up in the neck too? Gotta say, I love my strat though! Would not replace it I do not think.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I will admit that I was not a Tele fan before arriving here. I just couldn't see the interest. While they still are not my favorite, I now have a better understanding of the attraction and ones like yours makes it more likely that one will eventually find it's way into my humble collection of guitars.
    : couldnt have said it better myself. i think teles are more of an acquired taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast