Thread: Thanks, oldguy!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, oldguy!

I want to thank oldguy for purchasing his latest doodad from Zzounds via TheFret.Net! :

He clicked on the Zzounds affiliate link, and got a good pedal to a good price, and in doing so, a few percent of the purchase goes to this forum!

Smart guy! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

where might i find such a link as this??
    "What about making a TACO smoothie?"

2006 Fender Highway One Stratocaster
    2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster, heavily modded with hand wound, custom designed pickups, custom pickguard, phase and kill switches and mid boost (i.e. my baby)
    2005 Schecter C-1 Classic
    2004 Rogue RA 100-D acoustic
    2005 Vox AD-30, modded with Celestion G 10 and custom Birch housing
    Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    Ibanez TS9DX (analog man mod)
    Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pytolk
    where might i find such a link as this??
    A couple inches down on the home page - dead center
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

oh my bad!I knew i had seen it somewhere before!
    "What about making a TACO smoothie?"

2006 Fender Highway One Stratocaster
    2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster, heavily modded with hand wound, custom designed pickups, custom pickguard, phase and kill switches and mid boost (i.e. my baby)
    2005 Schecter C-1 Classic
    2004 Rogue RA 100-D acoustic
    2005 Vox AD-30, modded with Celestion G 10 and custom Birch housing
    Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DD-5 pedal
    Ibanez TS9DX (analog man mod)
    Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal
    George L's cables
    Pedaltrain pedalboard

Post Thanks / Like

But wait there's more. On each thread, the 2nd post is an ad that says "we supply the gear, you supply the sweat" - that is a Zzounds affiliate link.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    But wait there's more.
    You've been watching too many TV commercials.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I want to thank oldguy for purchasing his latest doodad from Zzounds via TheFret.Net! :

He clicked on the Zzounds affiliate link, and got a good pedal to a good price, and in doing so, a few percent of the purchase goes to this forum!

Smart guy! :
    Unless I find what I want local, I will buy like this from now on. Zzounds service was excellent, I found a better price than any other of the big box stores (not that it would have mattered, unless it were BIG$$$ difference), I was able to help out our community here, I love the Plexitube, AND, after my last experience w/ Musician's Friend, I think Zzounds is the way to go. YEEE..HAWW! (old west exclamation, six-gun blazing).
    Use the link...use the link...the link...link... : :
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks oldguy, we appreciate it. Yee-haww!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    A couple inches down on the home page - dead center
    Ok, I have to ask Strum. Did you buy a nice hollowbody via this link just recently? Which one is that in your new avatar? A nice new Gretsch?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ok, I have to ask Strum. Did you buy a nice hollowbody via this link just recently? Which one is that in your new avatar? A nice new Gretsch?
    You and Tot must think I'm made of money, or I would let my family starve just so I could have a new guitar. Nothing against zZounds, but if I was spending that kind of money, I would most likely spend it locally. Since I won't be buying that expensive of a guitar, zZounds or any other site has no reason to concern themselves about lost business.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5378
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I like that Radial gear Lookin' at the acoustic pre-amp pedal but we don't do enough acoustic work - YET! to justify it. Someday.

Every review I've read indicates Radial makes top shelf product.

On the subject of zZounds.com, Robert do you know of any issues shipping internationally? I'd certainly use the site if it helps support theFret, but some manufacturer's may not allow international shipment for online purchases.

Any plans for a Canadian affiliate program? Just a thought
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, Trev. It doesn't look good for us Canadians. Hardly any bigger online music stores are interested in shipping to Canada... no matter how good at hockey we are...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it has more to do with the distributor deals the online stores sign with the manufacturers, rather than their desire or lack thereof to ship North of the border. Still sucks, especially given the strong Cana-buck. We could be scoring some great deals, not just hockey goals There are some Canadian onlines, but they don't have near the volume/selection/purchasing power of the GC/MF/M123 conglomorate.

Oh well, as much as I want to support theFret, I have to support my local music store too. :

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    I believe it has more to do with the distributor deals the online stores sign with the manufacturers,
    What do they, whether it is the distributor or manufacturer find so objectionable that they wouldn't want to ship to Canada? Do they know something about you people that we don't know? I mean, I've been up to Canada on a number of occasions and to tell you the truth, you almost look American.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Strummy.. I guess we're keeping our secrets under wraps good and tight then.. that's been our plan all along. What do you think mad cow was about ? all a ploy to get the entire North American continent to hug a maple tree and wear touques and earmuffs. Goes hand in and with the ol' mouse in a beer bottle...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Well, Strummy.. I guess we're keeping our secrets under wraps good and tight then.. that's been our plan all along. What do you think mad cow was about ? all a ploy to get the entire North American continent to hug a maple tree and wear touques and earmuffs. Goes hand in and with the ol' mouse in a beer bottle...
    Jeez, all these years and I didn't even know that was going on - you guys are gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

What do they, whether it is the distributor or manufacturer find so objectionable that they wouldn't want to ship to Canada?
    I think it's to keep the brick and mortar stores happy Plus there's duty and all that other stuff ("Free" Trade )

Do they know something about you people that we don't know? I mean, I've been up to Canada on a number of occasions and to tell you the truth, you almost look American.
    Except for the touques, beards and lumberjack jackets, eh? I loved that Looney Tunes character "Blacque Jacque Shellacque" (bloc joc sha loc ).