Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DVM Goes Tubular!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVM Goes Tubular!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVM Goes Tubular!!

Well, looky here who won this one on eBay:

Peavey Delta Blues

Love my AD30VT, but since I needed a second amp for my son to plug his Tele into (no wisecracks, Swede! ), I decided to try something chock full of those little glass triode thingamajiggies! Didn't want to be dropping too much $, though, and Nelskie was good enough to point me towards some used Peavey amps as a good option.

Can hardly wait to blow a few SRV licks through it!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that looks purdy. With all the fancy buttons and all... and being a 30W all tube, its going to be pretty loud. I can invisage you having alot of fun on that Voodoo, alot of fun
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    ...and being a 30W all tube, its going to be pretty loud. I can invisage you having alot of fun on that Voodoo
    Yep, and a 15" speaker! Man, the cat is really gonna hate me. Not sure the rest of the family (other than my son) will be that thrilled, either!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

looks like you got yourself a great deal....i love the look....can't wait to hear how it sounds!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Love my AD30VT, but since I needed a second amp for my son to plug his Tele into (no wisecracks, Swede!
    Me? I would not even think of it!

Congrats, those are great amps!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love that amp. Never, NEVER get rid of it. They keep going up in value and it's a loud 30 watts. Tons of classic tone. Put and overdrive in front of it and they really wail. We have one at the rehearsal space and the thing wails!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ....i love the look....can't wait to hear how it sounds!
    Sound is obviously the most important thing, but I agree w/ you, Warren, re: the looks. Love that "tweed retro" styling. Can hardly wait to plug in my Strat, dial the Tone Driver to the TS-808 emulation, and let fly on a little Pride and Joy, followed closely by the LP and anything nice & brown!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wowee duhvoodooman!

By the way, I just got my AD30VT back from the shop!! After giving it the ol run through I finally installed the Celestion G10. It made a huge difference, but now you've got me gassing for a tube amp!

Well, I was gassing as it was...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! UPS site shows the amp is on the delivery truck this morning. Gonna be a serious tube-driven tonefest at the DVM ranch tonight, let me tell ya!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok there VooDoo. We want to hear some clips and maybe see some pics.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Voovoo - I know you bought yourself a multi-effects pedal to use with your new Delta amp. But from one Peavey tube player to another, once you tap into that groovy tube mojo, effects may just go from "must have" to "occasional use". At least they did for me when I used that amp. Maybe a smidge of 'verb to give it some depth, maybe a little delay or chorus - that's pretty much all I use through it. Plus, your amp has that groovy tremelo setting. Anyways, my friend - welcome to Tubeville.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    ....effects may just go from "must have" to "occasional use". At least they did for me when I used that amp. Maybe a smidge of 'verb to give it some depth, maybe a little delay or chorus - that's pretty much all I use through it.
    Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. I scarfed up that used RP-200A to have the effects flexibility when I want it. But I expect that 90% of the time, it will be "just the 4 of us": me, the guitar, the Peavey and my Tone Driver pedal!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    ....Anyways, my friend - welcome to Tubeville.
    Thanks, Nelsk! Great to be here!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sorry to be *harping* on this, but Tubeville is the PERFECT name for the tumbleweed town where the coyotes howl and the elphs spit.

Post Thanks / Like

First it's a forum and now we have to go start an RPG video game called "Tubeville." I'm ok with that as long as I get to play the mad scientist locked away in his potato cellar trying to bring a french fry back from the dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought those were called "freedom fries" nowadays

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake. Burrp! Scuse me...while I kiss the sky.

Post Thanks / Like

DVM's "My-wife-says-this-better-be-it-for-awhile" Equipment List:
    That's classic, Voodoo. I used to have one of those lists, too. Used to.

Swede - Nice retort on the "Freedom Fries". By the way, how do you say "With this amph I get no screaming solos" in French? Yeah, try that one on for size.

Spudman - Thanks to your post, I will be pulling out "Young Frankenstein" from my DVD collection for a most enjoyable screening this evening. Perhaps some Ore-Ida "Crispers" are in order, instead of the obligatory popcorn snack? Mmmmmm . . . 'dose be some tasty taters!!! You ever eat your fries with gravy (country style or brown)? I know fries & gravy are a favorite of our brethren north of the border.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fries and gravy - you bet. How about some Poutine! Now that's the real thing! (well at least them over there in Quebec probably thinks so)
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Poutine? Wha? Is that the Canadian version of poontang? *oops* Sorry. That just slipped out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast