Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low priced Les Pauls

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low priced Les Pauls

Check the link. They have other models for a little more, but for this price...kinda hard to beat.
    http://www.rondomusic.net/al20003ts.html
    http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000hc.html
    Last edited by Spudman; March 19th, 2006 at 07:30 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a really good deal. I bet that these kind of low price guitars will increase in price. Some of these copies are nearly as good as the originals (with a few modifications).
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think Rondo was even having a sale a month or so ago.

How do the Agiles sound & play.

There is a guy over on the Big Road Blues forum who swears by an Agile semihollow with P90s for playing slide.

I have also heard good things about Cort (although they cost more than the Agiles) as well as Schecters (which cost even more).

Speaking of P90s what do Fretters think about them?

Post Thanks / Like

i have heard good things on the agiles but have never seen one myself.

hey tot...i'm on brb too!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I have also heard good things about Cort (although they cost more than the Agiles)
    The newer Cort guitars are great, especially those models that are similar to PRS guitars.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple of Agiles one of which is the P90 Les Paul. I won't be getting rid of that guitar. Side by side comparison with my Epi Les Paul has better detail and workmanship and parts on the Agile.
    I had a Telecaster copy that was a beautiful flame top and it played good too. I ditched it because I just am not a Tele guy and the scale length was different than a Fender Tele so it played differently. Nothing wrong with the guitar at all. Fine piece of work.
    I don't think you can go wrong with an Agile. Besides, Rondo Music will make sure that you are happy with your purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i have heard good things on the agiles but have never seen one myself.

hey tot...i'm on brb too!

ww
    Great Warren! I'll look for you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    The newer Cort guitars are great, especially those models that are similar to PRS guitars.
    How do they compare to the Agiles? I have been thinking of a Cort M600 or an M800. The M800 is an mahogany semihollow that has recently been replaced by the M900 which also has piezos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've had a couple of Agiles one of which is the P90 Les Paul. I won't be getting rid of that guitar. Side by side comparison with my Epi Les Paul has better detail and workmanship and parts on the Agile.
    I had a Telecaster copy that was a beautiful flame top and it played good too. I ditched it because I just am not a Tele guy and the scale length was different than a Fender Tele so it played differently. Nothing wrong with the guitar at all. Fine piece of work.
    I don't think you can go wrong with an Agile. Besides, Rondo Music will make sure that you are happy with your purchase.
    What are the pups like on these?

Post Thanks / Like

ToT
    I can only speak for the P90 version. They sound better than the Squier Tele Custom II's P90's and almost as good as an Epi LP P90. I didn't side by side the Epi and the Agile and the difference could have been in the amps. Very close anyway.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed with the humbucking. p90's are single coil and are prone to buzzes and hums like Strat and Tele pickups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    How do they compare to the Agiles? I have been thinking of a Cort M600 or an M800. The M800 is an mahogany semihollow that has recently been replaced by the M900 which also has piezos.
    Havent played agiles, but the Cort M520 was really good. I havent tried the other M series guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    ToT
    I can only speak for the P90 version. They sound better than the Squier Tele Custom II's P90's and almost as good as an Epi LP P90. I didn't side by side the Epi and the Agile and the difference could have been in the amps. Very close anyway.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed with the humbucking. p90's are single coil and are prone to buzzes and hums like Strat and Tele pickups.
    Thanks Spudman. I do need a dual humbucker at some point....

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - You're a bad, bad man. Posting a link where I could get a Gold Top Les Paul copy w/ P-90's for under $160 bones. If you're familiar with Pavlovian theory, you can guess what happened next . . .

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000p90.html

zzzzztttt . . . Ice Station Zebra awaits arrival . . . over.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd buy an Agile Nelskie?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Buy? Bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.........you bought an Agile Nelskie?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Ordered her this mornin'. And what's to lose? I've read some really good things about these guitars, and the Spudman himself has a couple of 'em and likes them alot. Looking at things along the same lines as many of the Fretters who play Squier '51's, I thought adding a low-buck, high fun-factor P-90 rig to the Nelskie stable made a lot of sense. Besides, if I don't like it, I can always return in w/ in (30) days (yeah, like that's gonna' happen if its a decent-sounding slab!!).

That gold-top has a ton of that cool, retro vibe goin', and I've always dug the growly snarl of dimed P-90's through a kick-a$$ tube amp (of which I am fortunate to have two.) Soooo, what better way to melt some of that snow out here on the tundra than with the warm glow of a gold-top Les Paul (copy, that is) equipped with a hot pair of P-90's???!!!

Here comes the sun, little darlin', here comes the sun . . . it's all right . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how the shipping went, how many days, condition of package etc. Give us one of your famous reports along with thumbnails when you've had time to schpank that plank. I've always wanted a P-90 guitar too. Did you buy a hardshell case for it too? How much more was that? Killer bro.

I see they also have a few Tele lookin' guitars.....hmmmm.....at those prices I could have both a Tele and P-90 equipt guitar! I know you're a man of quality so I can't wait to hear your report.

Post Thanks / Like

absolutely nelskie...we want all the details....might have to place an order with rondo myself!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast