Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Disturbing event here in Camrose
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing event here in Camrose

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disturbing event here in Camrose

This is a tragedy that happened to some close friends of mine here in the small city of Camrose. It is just unbelievable. We are all shaking our heads here in disbelief.

"Police in the Canadian province of Alberta have charged four teenage boys with killing a cat by cooking it in a microwave oven during a recent break-in.

Police allege that after breaking into a home in Camrose, near Edmonton, last month the four teens took a cat living there and cooked it inside the oven, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Sunday."

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_New...king_cat/2539/
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just sick and disgusting! I have always believed in an eye for an eye for any crime you commit. Place these kids in a giant industrial microwave and let them feel exactly what that poor cat felt.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Look at our popular culture - death and destruction on TV and in movies as entertainment and then (apologies to you gamers) video games in which you score points for perpetrating horrific acts of violence.... Why should we be so surprised?

Post Thanks / Like

That is absolutely sickening !
    I am speechless. Unfortunately, the Young offenders act will no doubt protect
    the heartless little bastards from the true punishment due.
    14 and 15 years old ?! How can anyone actually bring themselves to do this ?

Post Thanks / Like

Only the lowest of low scum would mistreat an animal like that. These same pieces of crap are also very likely to harm children too. I don't know about Canada but if I were in charge here I know exactly how to clear out over populated prisons.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Too sick for words....
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Look what poor values our race has reached. This is sick and I can not believe which disgusting mind is able to treat an animal like this.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Look at our popular culture - death and destruction on TV and in movies as entertainment and then (apologies to you gamers) video games in which you score points for perpetrating horrific acts of violence.... Why should we be so surprised?
    Exactly. A decadent society produces deviant behavior like this. Sad....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Two points...

First and foremost, these kids are despicable. I am more willing to forgive acts of violence against people than against animals. With people there is always the remote possibility the violence was deserved but overdone. With animals, there is no excuse. The punishment should be as harsh as local laws allow.

Secondly, I think blaming the media is a bit much. I'm not saying the images people get from the modern media should be held up as an ideal, but I think it's far too easy to shift the blame in that direction. Can somebody point to a time before video games and show me a society without violence, without crime, without horrible acts?

If you want to blame parents for allowing the tv to raise the child than that I agree with. It's not the tv's fault that the parent doesn't (a) take the time to check what the kid is watching, or (b) talk with the kid about what he/she sees on tv and in video games and explain the difference between that and real life. My parents let me have a tv in my room when I was 8. I had video games all along as they were being invented. The difference is, I also had parents who paid attention to me and explained to me the difference between fantasy and reality.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I am more willing to forgive acts of violence against people than against animals.
    +1 - We have 3 cats and this is really sick beyond belief.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    +1 - We have 3 cats and this is really sick beyond belief.
    We have two whom I love no less than I would my own human child. Had this been one of mine I would be out for blood.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

If someone did that to my cat, they'd better hope that the authorities got to them before I did...

Hopefully, the Canadian authorities are looking into the home lives of these boys. Animal cruelty is often an indicator of child abuse, and often manifests itself later in life when the child reaches adulthood and become the abuser himself. This is pretty common knowledge, but here's a link that discusses the problem.
    http://www.sniksnak.com/ac/abuse.html

Post Thanks / Like

R_of_G,

I can't speak for TJCurtin1, but my point was not to blame the media, but what I see as a continual slackening of moral standards in our society as a whole. The media ultimately only provides what we ask it to by our buying & viewing habits. Reading the news each day only seems to reveal new low points in how we treat our fellow man, animals, and our environment in general. And rather than focus on what is truly important, instead we choose to wallow--and revel--in Britney's latest pathetic misadventures. Hence my comment that ours is a decadent society, and getting worse by the day. It's truly sad, IMO.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you're saying DVM, and to some extent I agree. We could impose all the moral standards we want [though I find them subjective] but ultimately it comes down to personal responsibility. The parents of these kids seem to have abdicated theirs.

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to f00ked up kids I ALWAYS look to the parents. You know the apples don't fall far from the tree...
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how we defend the very animals that other cultures look at as merely food.

Ya it's stupid to do what they did, but is it any different than before microwaves? Haven't kids always done stupid things to animals or even each other? How come nobody is outraged that children in Brazil are carrying guns and shooting other children simply because of infantile reasons like "he just made me mad or he swore at me or any other number of childish reasons?

RoG and Sting are right that parents are the reason these things happen. Education and moral blueprints are the parents responsibility for sure, but I'll also blame a society that has made people believe in a capitalistic way of life to the extent that both parents have to work and cannot attend as readily to a child's upbringing. If you spend more time around a child and teaching a child they do and develop as they see and learn. Want good kids? Be good and teach good.

Voodoo makes a good point too about the fact that we accept this kind of information as part of our daily intake. So lets look at the fact that because of instant worldwide information we hear more often about these types of events. I'm sure these things went on before. We just never heard about them as often because information wasn't readily available. If Robert had not of posted this most of us probably wouldn't have any idea that it happened and life would continue on as usual.

You guys are all worked up over this cat incident, but nobody is saying anything about innocent people being blown up, killed or tortured around the world. Why is that?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You guys are all worked up over this cat incident, but nobody is saying anything about innocent people being blown up, killed or tortured around the world. Why is that?
    Believe me, if we were allowed to talk about "politics" here, you'd have heard it from me a LONG time ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    There are millions of sickening atrocities happening all over the world every day and commenting on this particular cat incident in no way minimizes those incidents. The concept of kids with machine guns blowing each other away is abhorrent to any sane human being. But because it's not something that most of us have to deal with on a daily basis is becomes easier to block from our consciousness. That's not to say that it's right to block this stuff out!!

This particular story I guess hit a chord with many of us pet owners and animal lovers because it's something we can relate to more easily than the issues you mention. Hence I felt sickened when reading this story.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Believe me, if we were allowed to talk about "politics" here, you'd have heard it from me a LONG time ago.
    Me too.

I'm curious how this cat issue is any different than human issues? Is it that humans are a political subject and animals aren't? It seems as if at the bottom of this it is about taking life needlessly and unrepentantly. Where and why should we draw a line between humans and animals?

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just want to understand why there are these differences.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast