Thread: Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp at Guitar Center for $199

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp at Guitar Center for $199

Sounds like a good deal.How do you owners who have the amp like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F4DPhantomII
    I love mine. It is not an amp you can go really loud with, however. If you go past 4.5 on the master volume, the tone begins to degenerate, get fizzy, and sound digital. I can dial in almost any tone I want and hear it beautifully at a low to mid-level volume. To expect the Spider III 75 112 to be loud and sound great is a mistake. They will get really loud, but they will sound mediocre at best when loud. Keep this amp for low to mid-volume playing and you should be very pleased with its versatility and tone. I have owned many, many tube and solid state amps in the past 23 years. Although most people are skeptics when it comes to the Line 6 Spiders, they are very worthwile amps when used correctly.

The $199.00 price is an absolute steal for this amp. I bought a Line 6 Spider II 75 112 three years ago when they were $199.00. It was a incredible bargain.
    Last edited by Sblack; January 14th, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962

Post Thanks / Like

For 200 bucks it depends on what you need. If you're just looking for a practice amp with ok tones then go for it. If you are looking for a serious amp then just keep saving up for a real amp. Line 6 does alright clean tones and decent heavy sounds. Modeling amps can't do a convincing overdrive from my experience.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Got it

Quote Originally Posted by F4DPhantomII
    I have this unit (9/07) and while it is feature rich I seldom use it. I prefer my VOX AD50VT 212. Reason is the selection window is too small and EFX names are hard to read. Secondly the models have varying volume levels so when you are playing in one model and change to another it can blow you right out of the room. It is a quality built product (more so than the VOX IMHO) but I find it awkward to use with the tiny hard to read display and tiny rocker switch. It's not a tube amp! but fo the price it does a really decent job. Incidentally, I paid $180 for mine new.
    Agile AL3000 Lefty
    Alvarez RD20L Lefty
    Blueridge BR-70 Lefty
    FenderMIM Strat Lefty
    LTD Viper400 Lefty
    Fender 50th Deluxe Lefty
    Fender MIM Telecaster Lefty
    Line6 Spider lll 75 righty
    VOX AD50VT 212 righty