Thread: Got my custom hand made guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my custom hand made guitar

The moment I've been waiting for.

I ordered a custom made guitar from J. C. Harper luthier for $900. It's a "no frills" BD model that looks like a steinberger in a way. There no figured top nor profiling (no frills) and it is pretty light. My guess would be between 6 or 7 pounds.

It is a very well made guitar and I'm quite happy with it.

These were the specs I've ordered:

25 1/5" scale with 12" radius rosewood fretboard
    1 11/16" graphtech nut
    4mm abalone dots
    24 frets - .050 x .100
    Dimarzio D-activator pickups
    Sperzel trimlok tuners
    String-thru bridge with graphtech saddles
    1 vol and 1 tone chrome hardware
    3 way toggle switch

He made the guitar with one piece mahogany body, poly wiped and waxed. The neck is maple and made with a "Harper" profile that is very interesting. The neck is very comfortable to play with and it's hard to describe the profile but it's unique.

I've chosen the D-activator pups because they're a passive version of EMGs which I liked but the D-activators are much better. They have the overtures and harmonics that made me realize that the EMGs were rather sterile compared to them but hell, they sounded good. The D-activators actually sounded good with the cleans and the dirtys has clarity. I ran 'em through my pocket pod using a varieties of patches and the pups shone. I'm impressed with them.

And now the guitar, it needs a minor setup but he wrote down the specs for setting up. I played with it as it is and the neck and the fretwork is excellent. A lot of attentions was paid to it and that what makes the guitar good.

What can I say, damn thing jams

I'll post pics but they gotta be resized to fit here.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I'm probably not the only one who is looking forward pics of the finished guitar. I know you posted some "in progress" pisc of this guitar.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking FWD to seeing the pics Kiteman. It sounds like a good purchase.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds very interesting! Congrats and show us pics when you can.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! If you upload to imageshack.us you can resize as you upload, to one of your choice of max sizes. Flickr.com and myspace.com will auto-resize for you, also.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. I found a site called shrinkpicture that lets me resize the pics online and download to the drive. Nice site and it's free.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

VERY VERY awesome guitar........I love the B.O.C. symbol in the headstock.

Man I'd love to slap her on and play!
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It plays very nicely. I have Buck Dharma's sig next to the chronos but you barely can see it.
    _____

_____