Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Me liking the Hagstrom Super Swede

Thread: Me liking the Hagstrom Super Swede

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me liking the Hagstrom Super Swede

I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede! No, not our beloved forum dude SuperSwede, I'm talking about the guitar! The one I tried was in gold sunburst, very pretty I think. There's also a white one that looks killer.

It is really nice. I can get it for under $600, brand new. I am thinking after I pay off they collectors waiting to slit my throat, I'll go and feed my G.A.S. problem with a Super Swede. Very nice guitar (and dude)! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Now yer talkin'. Those SS guitars are sweet. I can easily see you with one. Get it.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Cool! The only negatives I've heard about the RI Hagstrom imports had to do with early production runs and the stuff they use for the fretboards (not wood, some resin-based composite, iirc). I've always thought those Hagstroms were cool. There's a band of very attractive hotties, from Sweden iirc, called Sahara Hot Nights (of all things) that had 2 gals whose main guitars were a Hagstrom Super Swede (old one, not RI) and a white Guild S-100 (offset SG-type). Unfortunately, iirc they lost one or both of those guitars to theft while touring.

If you buy we'll need pics and further review!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede! No, not our beloved forum dude SuperSwede, I'm talking about the guitar! The one I tried was in gold sunburst, very pretty I think. There's also a white one that looks killer.

It is really nice. I can get it for under $600, brand new. I am thinking after I pay off they collectors waiting to slit my throat, I'll go and feed my G.A.S. problem with a Super Swede. Very nice guitar (and dude)! :
    Go man , go. Told ya you'd like it : Can't wait to see/hear it. Screw the collectors, they'll always be around. Live for today. Feed GAS now! Besides, you can gig to pay it off in no time
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, Sahara Hotnights come from Skellefteå, just a bit north the city I come from! They were just 14 or so when they made a name for themselves.

So you're saying I'd be buying a "chick guitar"? I can live with that!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, go for it I say!

Still, if you're after a Super Swede (not our beloved friend from the North, the guitar!), have you seen the Select models?

Here you go:

Isn't she a beauty? Real wood binding, selected wood tops, and suck aesthetic improvements, but I feel it's worth the extra $$$!
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like those Hagstroms! I think it would be fun to see what you do with an LP type too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I went to the local music store and tried out SuperSwede!
    IT WAS YOU!!! I visited a canadian guitar store and suddenly it all became black and I woke up behind a Mack amplifier. I thought that I had been abducted by aliens and "probed"... hmmmm...

Oh guitars...
    The newer Hagstroms are not as nice as the older models (applies to all guitar brands I guess) but they are still really nice guitars. One amazing thing with Hagstrom guitars is that they have a special truss rod that enables them to have a really slim neck while maintaining neck stability. Very nice

Sahara Hotnights:

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sniff...sniff....you're making me miss my old 1974 Hagstrom Swede that I sold years ago...

That was a really great guitar. The neck was really slim with the H-bar truss rod that Hagstrom used, and what a fast action!

To make me even sicker about having sold it, I had put one of the legendary original DiMarzio Super Distortion humbuckers in the bridge position and a Dual Sound humbucker in the neck. I also replaced the second "tone" selector switch (which I always found kinda useless), with a two-way toggle to split the neck pu coils. Man, that guitar rocked...

If the new Hagstroms are anywhere close to the old ones, they'd be a nice axe to own.