Thread: New American Standard strat for 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New American Standard strat for 2008

I wonder if the thinner coat finish will make much difference to the tone?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...ruments-124703
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, interesting. I am liking this -

...redesigned HMV high-mass bridges for the Stratocasters and Telecasters with new bent-steel saddles, and elongated string slots../
    Should be a good one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly does the Delta Tone feature do?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

It’s basically a potentiometer with a switch at the ‘10’ position on the knob. When the tone is set at 10 it clicks and the tone control is essentially removed from the circuit. This gives the pickup a wide open full treble sound. It replaces the 2nd tone knob and works the bridge and middle.Now on the newer models it works as a system in conjunction with the delta tone pickups(alnico 5)

RIPPED FROM THE NET:The 250k no-load tone pot (not included) functions as a normal tone control from 1-9, but at 10 takes the tone control out of the circuit leaving your guitar "plugged straight in" for more bass, high end and output. OEM on American Standard

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like good updates, especially since heavier bridges are one of the most common mods--next to pup replacement.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hey Lev,

Thanks for the link. I haven't heard of the 2008 model till now.
    I guess I'll have to go to my friendly neighborhood guitar store
    to give it a test drive. I'm hoping it'll have a brass nut.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't have a brass nut. I'm pretty sure it's plastic. At least that's what I would imagine it is since it isn't specifically listed as otherwise on Fender's site or anywhere selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie...second post

Hi everyone. This is a great forum. I am a pro and play for a living. I recently acquired the new American Standard Strat (sunburst) and it's now my primary instrument; hands down. Very light, and stays in tune better than any Strat I've ever had. I only play maple fingerboards and this new version has a highly glassed (polyurethane?) fingerboard. Looks great and plays like a dream.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the Delta Tone pot, by the way...I was wondering why it was kind of hard to turn back from the 10 position...now it makes sense. Duh.

Take care guys