Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Black Magic Collab
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Magic Collab

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Black Magic Collab

Found this backer somewhere and have been messing around with it. I have a serious clam or two on this take, it is just a beginner's attempt at the basic melody, but here it is, good as it was going to get tonight. Sure is fun to jam around on! Someone hop in with me and fix this thing up!

http://www.box.net/shared/f73yek1wgg

Here is the clean backer:

http://www.box.net/shared/a9ftc0z288
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Right on Steve ! :
    This stuff is helping me be inspired as well !
    btw, what key is it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is freaking awesome!! Chase my oldest(13) has just started working on this recently and before he headed off this morning to school he said "find me a magic woman backing track" (in a typical teenage fasion: ). My reply was ill get right on it Anyways check in, hit new posts bam!!!! Thanks Steve!! Good stuff on your part!!!!!!:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad to have been of service! Esp. for a family project. My instructor and I started working on this tune, and I felt the need to find a backer on it and googled around a bit. Lucked upon this one. Mess around on it with your boy and share back with us!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Right on Steve ! :
    This stuff is helping me be inspired as well !
    btw, what key is it ?
    It is in Dm. On this I am playing the intro in first position. I watched a Carlos youtube vid last night and saw he was playing it further up the neck. It would be interesting also to see what happens if anyone wants to take the backer somewhere else other than the actual song if they are so moved.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Sun!!

I been enjoying this song a long time while learning..
    was one of the first I tried to learn through tabs...
    then once I learned it, I forgot it..lol..
    great for us newbies to guitar!!

Now I just wet wank all over it..

Such a fun track with a penatonic on d for me..
    can get lost in it..
    I had to join ya.. course..it's just wanking.. but its fun huh..

http://www.box.net/shared/y1qpilrksc

Still plenty of room..took it to 2:20..
    :

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Nice job Sun!!

I been enjoying this song a long time while learning..
    was one of the first I tried to learn through tabs...
    then once I learned it, I forgot it..lol..
    great for us newbies to guitar!!

. . .

Such a fun track with a penatonic on d for me..
    can get lost in it..
    I had to join ya.. course..it's just wanking.. but its fun huh..

http://www.box.net/shared/y1qpilrksc

Still plenty of room..took it to 2:20..
    :
    Exactly! easy pentatonic goofing around for us newbs, but a challenge for me to develop a good vibrato. I think Carlos's vibrato is the key to his sound. I'm not there yet. I downloaded it to my iPod and will check it out today. Off to court! Thanks so much for hopping in. I am going to try to get back to your latest one later this week.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Steve and Justa, good job!

I got so inspired by your recordings that I just had to play along too, I hope you dont mind!

http://www.box.net/shared/mfh3ndqckc
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

And that is why he is known as the "SUPER" swede...

Excellent... really enjoyed it SS!!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh.. thanks Justa! That comment will keep me warm the entire winter
    I really enjoyed your take, I think that you have improved A LOT ! Keep it up (but dont forget to let us hear your sweet voice, your acoustic recordings are GREAT )
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

SUPERSWEETSWEDE!!!:

And also everyone else great job!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!! They block Box.net here at work, and I really want to hear these!! One of my favorite Santana tunes....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Steve and Justa, good job!

I got so inspired by your recordings that I just had to play along too, I hope you dont mind!

http://www.box.net/shared/mfh3ndqckc
    Are you kidding me!? Mind, I am honored you hopped in with us. Thanks so much. I love your take. Uh, like I was trying to "say" something like you were saying. Your take helps me to get there. Loved it! It sings and rips at the same time!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

This is great, boy, lots of love for bt's lately.. these have been some great tracks. Where did you find this one Steve ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I downloaded it (justa's take) to my iPod and will check it out today. Off to court! Thanks so much for hopping in.
    Justa, I liked your take a lot! I liked the higher notes and registers you were hitting, and liked how you approached the melody, leaving space and doing it your own way, not necessarily following the original so closely.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet guys sweet indeed

M29

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    This is great, boy, lots of love for bt's lately.. these have been some great tracks. Where did you find this one Steve ?
    Here:

http://www.guitarchaos.com/showthread.php?t=209

seems like there are a a lot of backing tracks there. I just googled and popped it up.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Great job guys!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys all sounded great!
    Sunvalley and Justa, you guys are steadily improving, and your playing is getting tastier all the time. SS certainly hasn't lost anything either, sounds awesome as always. Nice job, everyone!!!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast